Need Some Ideas

brobradh77

Ok..I went to the track again last night and attempted to make 2 passes...roasted the tires both times...I'm so irritated I just want to put my truck back to stock and say screw it...I have yet to get my truck to click on all cylinders at the track..it's always something working against me...I have home made traction bars and run M&H Dr's....I just can not get it to the ground...i run about 15 lbs. in the tires and i heat the shit out of them.

I'm at a loss...do I just need to go on to real slicks? Will that make that much of a difference?

I'm open to any ideas..Thanks in advance.

I think it's time for slicks Brad, I have traction issues with my M&H DRs sometimes as well, and my truck doesn't make near the power your truck does. I also found that the lower I went with air pressure, the worse traction got off the line......for some reason 20psi seems to be someowhat of a happy medium. :dunno:

what is your suspension setup brad? alot has to do with weight transfer. truck have hardly any weight over the rear axle so getting the weight to transfer is the key. even with a full slick chances of spinning them is still high. i.e. with my camaro and a m/t et radial i am able to cut 1.8 60fts with a 275/40/17 ties( not much sidewall at all) key is all in weight transfer there ( i was only making about 350 rwhp )

so some good shocks is going to help you , shackles/hangers probably wont help you much either, bring the travel of the shocks down is limiting how much weight transfer youll get.

not to mention that most guys with fast stockish suspension trucks are rcsb. the ex cabs are harder to get the weight to transfer being longer wheel base.

playing with your setup more and more is what its going to take as well.

I run the stock shocks and on the intimidator those are tenneco shocks...I do have shackles and hangers..Like I said the only thing I have actually done for traction are the traction bars and dr's....It's frustrating because i see other ss's at the track with 2WD and 150 shot and DR's hooking without any problems...Maybe i need to stall it up more to take it out of the maggie power curve a little? I dunno

the higher you stall it the more your going to put it into the powerband , but you want that . just have to find out what works for traction

like i said weight transfer is what is working against you. i dont think the shackles and hangers are helping you . if you were at stock ride height with say some loose shocks , i think the qa1's are the adjustable ones, id say that would help you on the sluttiest setting. the front would also need to be setup pretty loose.

im no expert brad but this is what id try if i were 2wd. if not i would ask someone in the business of setting up drag chassis.

Try leaving your spare tire on the truck or throw 75# of weight over the axle and see if you can hook up. if you hook up better or at all go with some softer shocks in the rear like Comp Engineering 3 way adjustable, or QA1. As for tires I never had luck with M&H DR's. I loved Mickey Thompson ET Street DR's. I have a few buddies running in the 8's in Camaros and Mustangs with 10.5" ET Streets. Pulling the wheels to the 1/8th. I wouldn't go with slicks because of the shackle hanger traction bar combo. If you launch to hard then there goes your drive train. I personally would go with softer shocks for racing only, and even if you have to throw some weight in the rear to hook up, it's better than spinning the tires down the track. Just my .o2

the higher you stall it the more your going to put it into the powerband , but you want that . just have to find out what works for traction

like i said weight transfer is what is working against you. i dont think the shackles and hangers are helping you . if you were at stock ride height with say some loose shocks , i think the qa1's are the adjustable ones, id say that would help you on the sluttiest setting. the front would also need to be setup pretty loose.

im no expert brad but this is what id try if i were 2wd. if not i would ask someone in the business of setting up drag chassis.

I thought the maggie you launch it from idle to get the most torque out of it?

Try leaving your spare tire on the truck or throw 75# of weight over the axle and see if you can hook up. if you hook up better or at all go with some softer shocks in the rear like Comp Engineering 3 way adjustable, or QA1. As for tires I never had luck with M&H DR's. I loved Mickey Thompson ET Street DR's. I have a few buddies running in the 8's in Camaros and Mustangs with 10.5" ET Streets. Pulling the wheels to the 1/8th. I wouldn't go with slicks because of the shackle hanger traction bar combo. If you launch to hard then there goes your drive train. I personally would go with softer shocks for racing only, and even if you have to throw some weight in the rear to hook up, it's better than spinning the tires down the track. Just my .o2

I don't have a spot for my spare any more...I guess i'll look at shocks also...Thanks for all the suggestions..any good sites to look at shocks?

and maybe see what BigCountry is doing...he's 2wd 06 running a radix and just posted up a 1.78 60 ft going 12.66 i think...should be somewhat similar to your setup i would think.

He's running an M&H Racemaster with spring clamps, that's all......and I believe he is stock height as well.

• 3 weeks later...

or maybe its your right foot?

stop trying to leave like john force and give it enough to hook. let it sqaut down before you full throttle it. ease into it.

also most drop shocks suck on letting the front end come up and give it that intial transfer to the rear.

i suggest training your foot first then going from there

or maybe its your right foot?

stop trying to leave like john force and give it enough to hook. let it sqaut down before you full throttle it. ease into it.

also most drop shocks suck on letting the front end come up and give it that intial transfer to the rear.

i suggest training your foot first then going from there

I don't run drop shocks...and also look in my sig..I have alot going on...Its not my foot.