Wtt Shaved Tailgate For Stock Tailgate

Les Hall

ok so I just bought this RC silverado, Gonna pick it up Saturday, It has had the tailgate handle shaved and relocated, I'm not big on shaved panels, once I get the truck I'll be looking to trade someone locally for a stock blue tailgate, The inside of the tailgate has spray in liner on it,,,,

located in Souteast Missouri

post-15025-1257306658_thumb.jpg

post-15025-1257306703_thumb.jpg

post-15025-1257306753_thumb.jpg

Edited by miSSouriSS (see edit history)

ok so I just bought this RC silverado, Gonna pick it up Saturday, It has had the tailgate handle shaved and relocated, I'm not big on shaved panels, once I get the truck I'll be looking to trade someone locally for a stock blue tailgate, The inside of the tailgate has spray in liner on it,,,,

located in Souteast Missouri

I'd love a shaved tailgate. The line-x sticker says lexington, ky. Is that where you are picking it up? I live about an hour away from there.

I'd love a shaved tailgate. The line-x sticker says lexington, ky. Is that where you are picking it up? I live about an hour away from there.

That's where it is until Saturday, The previous owner is driving it Wickliffe Ky, around 30mins from my place,

I got a black one, its scratched from ramps but you would have to re paint it anyway to match it to ur truck, let me know

I'll def keep it in mind, but I'll prolly just hold out for a blue one,,Doesn't have to be off an SS,,,just as long as it's the SS blue I can paint the handle .

hmm...very very tempting. can you get me some pics from the rear of the truck farther away, to get the full view of the rear? and neither of us would have to deal with paint! only thing that would have to work out is the actual trade.

i got a stock blue silverado, dont know if its the exact same color but i have a perfect tailgate i pulled off all the emblems and there is not a scratch on it i might be interested but i dunno what shipping is can u let me know, and maybe find out if it is the same color (Looks the same as mine) maybe we'll have a deal.

I'll switch if you can work it out with the previous owner. Wickliffe is about 6 hours for me...way too far to drive. But I could switch before he brings you the truck.

Well after talking it over with the original owner he mentioned that those pics were from last year and sent me this pic showing that the shaved area has a crack in it,,Sooo now I gotta buy a tailgate,,Sorry guys I never saw it in person,,but I made him wash it and take pics of EVERYTHING so maybe no more surprises :fingersx:

post-15025-1257381928_thumb.jpg

Edited by miSSouriSS (see edit history)

boo! :( that really sucks for both ends of the deal...any idea how much getting one shaved would cost? i really want to get mine shaved and possibly do a roll pan but idk how much the tailgate would run me to get it shaved..?

Well after talking it over with the original owner he mentioned that those pics were from last year and sent me this pic showing that the shaved area has a crack in it,,Sooo now I gotta buy a tailgate,,Sorry guys I never saw it in person,,but I made him wash it and take pics of EVERYTHING so maybe no more surprises :fingersx:

That does suck. I guess I'll just wait to get mine done when I get the truck painted in a year or two. Hopefully you won't have anymore surprises with it.