Not Silverado Ss's...

cadillacbob

All of them are nice, and I would take any one! So let me get this straight, you work on true concept cars that are actually built?

I work in the paint department of vehicle design...

yes, I apply color to prototypes...In layman terms, I make the 'frankenstein looking vehicles look good for media/designers...I am working on 2012 vehicles already...

We do show cars, prototype one offs, etc...

awsome work I like the silver one

The silver one was built especially for Jay Leno...It has a few cool one on the plant mods...

Thanks for all of the compliments...

It is a great job and we have a great team of real 'car guys'...

I apply the colors/clears/finishes, but it takes ten times more work to get them there...

It really is a dream job, the security in this building is rediculous, I have special credentials, and have access to the whole site...most excutives can't go where I work easily due to the nature of our work... If I forget my i.d., it takes about 30 minutes for me to get into my department/pass through security...

Walking through the halls is incredible just looking at all of the history/photos/posters on the walls...I actually see cool shit every day, like every prototype vette ever assembled, in one room...

Designers/artsy fartsy people are everywhere...

I walk past people like Ed Welburn (number one design), Bob Lutz, and Tom Peters (Mr. Corvette) all of the time... All three are really cool car guys and are easy to talk to especially considering their responsibilities...

The hardest part of my job, and the most important part is to keep the secret stuff secret!!! LOL

I am FULLY confident GM will be kicking ASS soon, and we have a few suprises for our competition too! ;)

Edited by cadillacbob (see edit history)