Generic Ambien

brobradh77

I take generic ambien to help me sleep..But sometimes (not everytime) it makes me, in a lack of better words, stoned and I can't remember a thing..lol Its kind of funny....I start doing weird stuff..The other night I remember getting a bag of doritos (full bag) and sat down and thats all rememeber...Get up the next day to find the bag empty in the trash..lol Kim said I was chowing down..lol

Anyone else have experiences like this?

The ex-wife was on Ambian for a while, yes she was totally zombied under the influence and 'different' upon waking, but she never sleep-walked or anything like that. Her sleep behavior on the drug was a lot different than without, it wasn't the same kind of sleep.

Mr. P.

:jester: At least you didn't wake up with your pillow missing and a spoon up your ... well nevermind. :P

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I take generic ambien to help me sleep..But sometimes (not everytime) it makes me, in a lack of better words, stoned and I can't remember a thing..lol Its kind of funny....I start doing weird stuff..The other night I remember getting a bag of doritos (full bag) and sat down and thats all rememeber...Get up the next day to find the bag empty in the trash..lol Kim said I was chowing down..lol

Anyone else have experiences like this?

I believe this is very common. My mom once had a boyfriend who was on ambien and woould wake up in the midddle of the night and eat a whole sh!t load of stuff and not remember it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/14/health/14sleep.html

After my accident I have never been able to stay a sleep...I have tried a handful of meds and this one works the best..I still don't need an alarm to get up in the morning but it helps none the less....I figure a little wackyness on occasion is better than waking up every couple of hours every night just to stare at the clock.

I used to sleepwalk (I live alone so I may do it now and not know it). It's not like when people picture zombie walking... I used to watch TV and eat!

I've been told I acted out a dream once too... I guess I was dreaming about ants being on the kitchen table because I walked out of my room and started telling my family to "get the ants off the table"... eyes open and "coherent".

I'd say stop the meds and see a doc. I know sleepwalking isn't a bad side effect BUT what the pills are doing to your body that's causing the sleepwalking might be a concern...

Take a few bone hits before bed... you'll still polish off that bag of Doritos but you'll know you're doing it and no side effects. :D

Edited by page305 (see edit history)