Headers?

Ruben525

When it comes to headers, as with some many other things in life, you get what you pay for. It took me a while to save up and get my bassani headers, and even longer to get the money to put them in. With shortys, you may be a slightly improved exhaust note, but thats about it. For improvement that you will notice with the seat of the pants butt dyno, long tubes are the way to go. There again, if you are concerned with carb regulations than it may be an issue for you. I did notice much improved mid range with I did my Bassani's, but still would have had even more had a went long tube. Maybe one day I'll say screw it and man up for some long tubes. Until then, i can live with legal mids. Pick out the best header to fit your long term goals, and save for it. In the long run its worth waiting to have a quality header that is well made and will last as well as perform

Yea I understand u get what u pay for but the way work is right now it will take me forever and I do wanna do long tubes but it's the whole smog thing it sucks but hey what can u do and the other thing is my headers sound like crap cuz of the leak so I'm kinda stuck right now so I'm kinda leaning towards Some obx shortys but I haven't realy heard anything bout them

My take on it is If you get long tubes your going to be basically redoing you whole exhuast. That being the case get the pacesetter and some high flowing cats have the exhaust shop weld in 02 bungs and the muffler of your choice and you should be legal for emmitions. Yes you will spend alittle but its worth it. I dont have to deal with it here we dont have inspections

My take on it is If you get long tubes your going to be basically redoing you whole exhuast. That being the case get the pacesetter and some high flowing cats have the exhaust shop weld in 02 bungs and the muffler of your choice and you should be legal for emmitions. Yes you will spend alittle but its worth it. I dont have to deal with it here we dont have inspections

Yea that too but works slow so cash is low right now but if I could go with long tubes I would how much would a set up go for that I could pass smog with?

Long tube vs short tube here in Cali it means you are going to remove and replace for smog inspection if you go with LT. I just had my '03 inspected and the tech with flashlight in hand he was under the hood under and under the chase looking for Waldo. I asked him "did you loose something because if you if you find cash its mine" he said "just checking it." He was under the chase for over five minutes. I called my buddy that is a GM Tech and he told me that these guys have to check the cats and O2 sensors to verify that they are oem and in oem locations. "WTF" I told him and he then told me that his bother replaced a plugged cat on his '05 Tahoe with an aftermarket and and failed smog because it did not have the correct markings that oem have. I have been kicking the LT vs ST and I am leaning towards the Edelbrock or the Doug Thorley shorty headers because they have are 50 state legal and I do not have to remove them for the smog inspection"taking the easy way out." However, I am giving it some serious consideration or should I say "grow a pair" and put the Dynatech Supermaxx complete LT headers on it and change back to the oem exhaust when it comes time for the next smog inspection in two years. The LT are little more than twice the price of the shorty plus you probably have to change back to oem when it comes time for smog check. Good luck!!

The thing is, you cannot move that cats from the stock location. if you do, epic fail as far as any smog inspection. dsnt matter if a header kit comes with cats or not. they have to be in the stock location. An by nature long tubes move the cats further down stream. So its a no go that rout. legaly anyway.

Ok Then Im About 90% Sure Im Going With Shortys Now So What Shortys Do You Guys Recommend Im Looking At Some OBX Shortys There About 325$ What Do You Guys Think About Those And What other headers Should i Look At And What Size? Thamks For All The Help Guys