Questions About Gm Navigation Unit

I'm looking at a GM Nav touchscreen unit for my 05 SSS. Does anyone have any experience with this unit ?? If so, i'd really like to hear from you.

1. Is there a direct ipod hookup to this unit?

2. Will the ipod display info on the screen?

3. I have the bose setup, but can you also use aftermarket amps for door speakers and sub enclosure?

4. Are there any issues with install i should know about ahead of time or simple plug n play?

Thanks for any inptut..

Mike,

If I remember right, Shaun already has one of these that he has been trying to sell. Might hit him up and see!

Thats what i'm looking at. I just don't trust what he says. He'd tell me anything to sell it. :idiot: No really, he has some info on it, but these are the things that really matter to me. I want ipod, Nav is plus/minus, i like the factory look and i would like to use other amps although i may not need to. I really like the Pioneer avh-p4100 i had in my firetruck ss but that one didn't make it through the inferno. BTW, sorry i missed the little GTG with you guys. Sounded fun.

one thing for sure is you need to know if its a non lux head unit , i think his was a lux unit you will have no sound

i was looking into doing this mod but you have to be careful what you are buying, if its looked your dealer will have to unlock it

and some dealers wont do that being they don't know if its stolen or not

one thing for sure is you need to know if its a non lux head unit , i think his was a lux unit you will have no sound

i was looking into doing this mod but you have to be careful what you are buying, if its looked your dealer will have to unlock it

and some dealers wont do that being they don't know if its stolen or not

I can unlock it with the tech 2

the I simple fro best buy is a direct plug in play, the factory bose set-up will work just fine, and yes the tuoch screens are flashed with either luxury or premium based on what vehicle it lands in from the factory. The good news is either can fit into our trucks as long as the tech 2 user has the ability to re -flash it correctly. I suggest for the ease of install that you find one already set up for premium sound option(what the SS came with)

lmk if i can helpany further......

Ray

the I simple fro best buy is a direct plug in play, the factory bose set-up will work just fine, and yes the tuoch screens are flashed with either luxury or premium based on what vehicle it lands in from the factory. The good news is either can fit into our trucks as long as the tech 2 user has the ability to re -flash it correctly. I suggest for the ease of install that you find one already set up for premium sound option(what the SS came with)

lmk if i can helpany further......

Ray

Perfect. Thanks a lot Ray. The iSimple Gateway sounds like what i need. Now i just need to make sure everything else is compatible. Thanks again for the info, it is a huge help.

i did this like a year ago. it took me not even 10 minutes to install it. its plug and play. only thing i had to do was go the dealer and have them unlock it

nav1.jpg

Cool. Just need to throw Shaun a lowball offer and i'm off to the races. I'll keep you updated on this with pics if anyone is interested. Thanks fellas.

i did this like a year ago. it took me not even 10 minutes to install it. its plug and play. only thing i had to do was go the dealer and have them unlock it

nav1.jpg

Is it a 6cd changer :eek::eek::eek: ?????

Dude i have one of those sitting at home and never thought of putting it on! although i love my 6cd stock cd player.

Is it a 6cd changer :eek::eek::eek: ?????

Dude i have one of those sitting at home and never thought of putting it on! although i love my 6cd stock cd player.

nah its a single disk. you need the seperate changer that comes in the escalades and denalis