Questions About Gm Navigation Unit

Got my nav unit and isimple gateway interface purchased. Install was quick and easy. Radio sounds like sh*t but i'm thinking i might try the HD Radio interface for it. I'm still working on memorizing the way the isimple allows you to control the ipod on the touchscreen, but for now just use the ipod wheel and set it on shuffle. Can still fast forward with wheel controls. Ipod sound is great for a basic bose non-lux system. Next on the docket is to find an interface that will allow me to use an aftermarket amp/subs coming off of the bose amp. I think fast4popper has this figured out in terms of the interface. I'd like to be able to continue to use the bose along with the aftermarket amp. For any of you that have done this, miSSouriSS, i'm waiting for some direction. :D

FYI, when all said and done i won't have a ton of money into this as i had some of what i needed already, but if i was gonna do this from scratch i don't think i'd bother. The factory look is great but functionality isn't quite what i'd hoped with the ipod. Guess you can't have everything...unless you're ready to drop the coin on it.