Wet Or Dry

A wide-open-throttle switch is attached to the gas pedal so that the nitrous system only activates when you have your foot all the way on the floor, not only for safety but also to assure that the motor is fueled correctly.

A window switch is an electronic box that watches the ignition system and lets you program the beginning and ending RPM that the system will fire (the nirous is allowed to run in a 'window' of RPM). If you activate the nitrous at too low of an RPM you risk blowing the crankshaft right out the bottom of the engine (due to detonation), and if you do not cut the nitrous it can quickly overrev the engine faster than you can react and let off the gas pedal.

If you have both a window and WOT switch you can just stomp on the gas and pop the clutch, and when the motor passes 3000-RPM the nitrous will come on until it'

With computer-controlled engines (like our LS-engines) it is common to buy a combination window/WOT switch that will do both functions, these are known as digital window switches and the benefit is that you only have one electronic box to install and you don't have to rig something on the gas pedal or throttle cable. More sophisticated (expensive) window switches will also let you specify different RPM ranges per gear, fire multiple systems, and even operate the solenoids 'progressively'.

Minimum, you need a GOOD window/WOT switch to manage the motor on nitrous.

Mr. P. :)

thans alot man im learning more and moreeveryday i really appriciate ur time

is there any way this more sophisticated window stich can only activate on the gears i want to do to the fact that my first gear is way to short and to spray out the whole i wouldnt want to break anything

thans alot man im learning more and moreeveryday i really appriciate ur time

is there any way this more sophisticated window stich can only activate on the gears i want to do to the fact that my first gear is way to short and to spray out the whole i wouldnt want to break anything

Yea. Get in contact with Mr. P or sprayed99 and they will hook you up with the right stuff. If you wanna learn a bit more about nitrous, red some threads over on ls1tech.com or performancetrucks.net . YOu will see peoples' setups, mistakes, success, etc. :thumbs: