New Toy

8 UR HMI

alternator went out and i got a 145 and did it in the 40* weather in my carport here. i paid the extra 40 bucks to get a nice dayco belt so when i spray it, the belt doesnt pop. im planning on polishing or painting it to make it flat black or onyx black.

i didnt take pics but if anyone wants a how-to that hasnt done it (i know a lot of u could do it/have done it on ur own so dont judge haha)

anyways here ya go

photo-7.jpg

cold? :violin: .... I know of no such thing here in the MIA :jester: It's still like 80 when a front comes in lol

Nice lookin alternator :thumbs: I almost forgot what one looks like under the hood of an SS since mine is still in the bed :nonod:

Who makes the one you picked up?

Looks good man! I'm sure some of the northern guys will laugh at 40 degrees but I'm with you it's cold here lol. Houston may even get snow on Friday!

yea were suppose to get snow here friday in college station as well.

cold? :violin: .... I know of no such thing here in the MIA :jester: It's still like 80 when a front comes in lol

Nice lookin alternator :thumbs: I almost forgot what one looks like under the hood of an SS since mine is still in the bed :nonod:

Who makes the one you picked up?

the box is outside ill go look later. all i know is it was 190 bucks and a 30$ core charge that i finally got back. this is what my old one looked like

photo-8.jpg

mine is about to go out too :\ truck hesitates when starting and it isnt putting out enough charging volts...had it tested today cause the battery is practically new so ill be buying one this winter sometime im sure. hooray for snow in texas! haha

hell come up here.... I have an extra 105 you can borrow... let me pull it apart and take it to my polishing guy.

really dan? im coming the weeekend of the 19th. how much will he do it for? and i wanna keep my 145

really dan? im coming the weeekend of the 19th. how much will he do it for? and i wanna keep my 145

takes him a good 3 days to get it done.... you can run with the 105 for a week then put the 145 back in. Not sure on the cost yet. dropping off all the covers from the 6.0L to have polished this weekend.

Looks good man! I'm sure some of the northern guys will laugh at 40 degrees but I'm with you it's cold here lol. Houston may even get snow on Friday!

wow id love 40 degree weather again 10 to 20s with windchill to boot but all and all cold is cold no matter how ya cut it haha :chillpill: