Took The Sss To The Dyno

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are your cats... are they still in, have you checked them out to see if they are plugged. When your tq curve drops dramatically like that it is usually due to either a restrictive exhaust or timing issues. Plugged cats also trow off the O2 readings off by bit

Also what lbs are my stock maggie injectors?

The radix should have came with 42# injectors. Get in contact with srt10killr if I remember his name correctly. He has larger plug and play injectors for sale.

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

BLKSSS, I just noticed you are from Hialeah. If you want, get in contact with Gabby from GAW Diesel. He is in Doral and has a dyno and can do some tuning while it's on there if you want. I know another guy in Pompano who can do the same. At least your 2wd, so your truck will fit :chevy:

I have no cats so thats not an issue. My wideband is 2 months old and it reads 12.2-12.4 so the tailpipe wideband was pretty on.

SSplaytoy, I know how Gabby is, he was well know back in the days of Saga Bay. I will give him a shout. The 8.1 marine injector are 42# also so why go with those, wont it be the same?

I know that there are ALOT of variables, personaly I wish I knew about tuning so I could play around with it to dial it in correct. I am seeing around .7-.5AFR diff. and suposably its bad from what I have been told on here. Like i said Im NOT calling Justin out, he did a great job for me but now that the readings are off and Im being told its bad it gets me worried. I just checked and my last responce to him was on Nov.7 and Im still waiting to hear back. Also I did do the data log tune not a mail-order tune. I understand alittle of the tuning process and from what I have read on here and other places and 12.4 is lean and 96% injector duty is not good. This is my DD, I dont want to squeeze everylast bit of HP out of it (at least not yet) but I want it to be a reliable truck with some balls to go with it.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the tailpipe wideband when you have your own WB stating something different. Even at 12.4 at the engine, you will not do any damage. Your wideband (from your last email chain to me) reads 11.7 at WOT and taps low 11s just before the shift.

I haven't seen any recent emails from you at all either. The last email was in September when you said you were sending back my equipment.

As for the duty cycle, while it is not ideal that high, you are not static yet, as the IBPW and IDC take into account the dead time and if you tap 96% once in a while, you're not doing any harm to the injector drivers or injectors themselves. If you were going static and dangerously lean, then new injectors would be warranted and that would be in the $400-500 range unless you lucked out.

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the tailpipe wideband when you have your own WB stating something different. Even at 12.4 at the engine, you will not do any damage. Your wideband (from your last email chain to me) reads 11.7 at WOT and taps low 11s just before the shift.

I haven't seen any recent emails from you at all either. The last email was in September when you said you were sending back my equipment.

As for the duty cycle, while it is not ideal that high, you are not static yet, as the IBPW and IDC take into account the dead time and if you tap 96% once in a while, you're not doing any harm to the injector drivers or injectors themselves. If you were going static and dangerously lean, then new injectors would be warranted and that would be in the $400-500 range unless you lucked out.

The last time I email you was in Nov.10 and you responded and I wrote back again but I have still haven't heard back. Yes it was running 11.7 constant and then in Nov. it changed it started reading 12 to 12.4. I also started seeing KR. I am just trying to see what is going on.

The last time I email you was in Nov.10 and you responded and I wrote back again but I have still haven't heard back. Yes it was running 11.7 constant and then in Nov. it changed it started reading 12 to 12.4. I also started seeing KR. I am just trying to see what is going on.

Hmmm, I don't see that, can you resend it?

Also, since the tune doesn't change and your WB changed from one day to the next, something in your setup must have changed. What exactly it is, I can't say, but any change like that would need to be addressed mechanically. MAF is a very common culprit.