Can I Run A Vette Sero?

I have a 06 v max with the 4l70e and know every one has one but just to make sure i can do this with my trans?

also i have a custom tune with increased line pressure can i still do this mod without having to much pressure?

My goal is to make my 1-2 shift like my 2-3 shift, my 1-2 shift is very slow in the falling rpms into 2nd after 1st, were as when i shift from 2-3 it feels like it pulls me into 3rd very fast and firm. Whould this solve my problem could i have a tuning problem?

thanks

Put your line pressure back to stock! Install some billet servos and a transgo shift kit as mensioned above and you will be happy with the snappier shifts. Also if your tuner did not zero out your shift times make sure he does when you put in the shift kit. Good luck!

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

thanks . . . would billet servos be the same as vette servos

no the vette servo has more apply area than the stock one and the billet has even more apply area than the vette... Either one would be great. If you plan on doind a high stall I would recommend the billet

no the vette servo has more apply area than the stock one and the billet has even more apply area than the vette... Either one would be great. If you plan on doind a high stall I would recommend the billet

these questions may seem dumb but when it comes to trans i know nothing, but what brand on the billet servos is best and i just looked on the transgo sit and could not find my trans . . . it is a 4L70e right? i see 60, 65, and 80 . . .

thanks

these questions may seem dumb but when it comes to trans i know nothing, but what brand on the billet servos is best and i just looked on the transgo sit and could not find my trans . . . it is a 4L70e right? i see 60, 65, and 80 . . .

thanks

The 60/65/70 are all the same family and the shift kit from transgo for the 60/65 will work with your 70. As far as the servos go where ever you find the best deal is the one you should get but TCI, Superior are the most popular ones.

ok thanks for all the info . . . one last question i dont really think a shift kit is something i could not handle myself, about what price is reasonable for the install on this . . . ballpark, just so i know if someone is screwin me

ok thanks for all the info . . . one last question i dont really think a shift kit is something i could not handle myself, about what price is reasonable for the install on this . . . ballpark, just so i know if someone is screwin me

The can charge anywhere from $250-$400 depending on where you go. Good luck!

• 3 years later...

I know its an old thread but I came to this one when I was wondering if I could do the vette servo. Just in case any one like me comes along in the future. 4l70 does allow for vette servo replacement. The servo in the 70 is actually sized inbetween the one in the 60/65 and the one in the vette so the apply area is not going to be as dramatic of a jump when you switch to a vette servo. I just put mine in today. Already had a 5lb bump in line pressure via tune and it shifted pretty good with that but now it is even better. It also made 2nd to 3rd better. I actually chirped second in my tank sized crew cab so I was really happy with the mod. Oh btw, it is super easy to do. Removing the heat shield was the hardest part and that wasnt even that bad. Took me about an hour and that was with trying to keep an eye on my rambunctious 4 year old fella. First time I have ever done anything to a transmission besides check the fluid lol