My Ss Made History.....

RICE EATER

well probly not as exciting for most.. but a cool story for me...well way back in the day.. everyone used to dragrace in the area at a lil strip in the middle of know where called onodaga drag way..The track was originally in business from 1962 through 1978 but had languished for the past thirty years and fallen into a state of disrepair.. well when i was a kid my dad used to tell me about all the racin he did there with many of his cars..which im jelous of.. well some local friends of mine got the track back in some one running shape.. and are tryin to get it back to a nice racin track.. but for now there runnin on it on sundays.. and just havin fun and doin some grudge races....as u can see.. its kinda neet...its in the middle of know where cows on one side...and cornfields on the other side.. but hey its only 15 mins from my house.. so i LOVE IT...lol

so anyways i finaly made it out there with my truck...everyone there though i was just there to watch..considering i was the ONLY one there with out slicks.. and most the cars had wheelie bars.. i got some funny looks....but i got some even funnier looks when i opened the dumps up .. pulled up...and kick some cars ass!!!...lol anyways sounds silly but it ment alot to me to get to go down this strip that i know my dad and alot of others when down in the 60s and 70s...and i know i was THE FIRST SILVERADO SS to go down the strip :) ..lol to my suprize.. drag action mag was there when they heard the ol drag way was starting to live again i think i might be goin in to dragaction mag also.. but not sure http

://www.cruisinonchromemagazine.com/ima...pg17_final.jpg

heres a vid.. they got a few races of mine.. but i didnt get there till later....http://www.blip.tv/file/2639551?file...ay92009719.flv for those of u who dont wanna watch the whole thing..

i race at 15mins...a build stroker mod motor with a blower maurder... which is runnin 11.9 at 117

19.40.. a camaro with a 400 sb..not sure about details but i do know he does have a 200shot of smack on it.

21.40... mustang.. built forged 347 stroker.. with a 150 shot...needs new drag radals

25. quick mopar...i was alil slow on the tree.. i want a rematch with my other wheels

that is so damn cool! Who owns the property? are you guys legit to be there?

yep everything is legit...just some ol farmer owns it..some guys that know him worked out a deal on a lease with him...its the township thats the problem..they have no intrest in the track being open again...its a veryyy small town and u would think they would let to have it for all the people that would come to town and spend money on food and gas...etc.. theres nothing else in the town as an attration just alil farm town

they will shut it down if it trys to become a sactioned track and hold events... so right now..its just kinda like a club that meets.. and donates money to race on it.. which just goes strait to bettering the track..it does need alot of work.. but its come along ways..and next year should have alot of improvements

ya the next close track is 1 1/2 hours or so.. so its handy to say the least.... ya they have a timing system set up..but it wasnt workin right that day... so we just arm droped.. which really made me feel like we were racin on the streets again.. just didnt have to worry about lookin for cops.. which was a nice change..lol