Bumpstops From Stylintrucks

dmf21209

I don't know if those are a factory replacement or not but what caught my attention was your sig and the 2x2 drop. Are you bottoming out or something? When I had my 2x2 (same drop) I would at time feel a slight bottom out. But then I removed the brackets from the rear bumpstops and it rode like a champ.

Have you removed them brackets? if not do so you'll be surprised. *Cheers*

thanks for the info, but no not bottoming out, just trimmed my stockers too short :P

havent been able to take a look at the rear bumpstops in a while so I'll have to see what you mean by the brackets for em. But remove the brackets and dont trim?

I have a 2/4 and bottom out everywhere :banghead:

Bumpstops have about 1/4" on em and the gap between the bottom of them and the diff is about 3/8". I wouldn't remove the brackets if you plan on going lower, The chassis hitting diff is a :nono: unless you want to notch it.

When you say too short, did you go to the metal?

thanks for the info, but no not bottoming out, just trimmed my stockers too short :P

havent been able to take a look at the rear bumpstops in a while so I'll have to see what you mean by the brackets for em. But remove the brackets and dont trim?

When I had the shackle 2" rear drop. I trimmed 1 nub off the stops and didn't remove the brackets. On certain roads I could feel a hard ride on the back at times. So then I removed them brackets and bolted the stops to the frame and never felt the hard ride no more. But if yours are to short you shouldn't have a problem unless your hitting your tire with the fender lip?

I have a 2/4 and bottom out everywhere :banghead:

Now since installing the hangers (4" Drop) forget it. I'm like SSplaytoy, (Bottom out city) But since I got the softer belltech bumpstops (Part #4922 - Bump Stop Kit) it's make it a much better ride, But I'm going to put on some helper bags here shortly.

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

no, no problems with the rear or hitting, except the front left tire rubs when I crank it all the way to the left. The handling and ride is just a little sloppy. I cut 1 1/2 instead of one, and have quite a bit of clearance whereas they should barely be touching. One of those OCD things, gotta replace and fix it

I know what your talking about. When I put my winter stock wheels and tires back on my front left rubbed as well. I don't think bump stops will correct that. Now this year's winter wheel & tire swap I don't have that issue due to the rotation. Last year the rears went up front and the outer edges were not as worn as the previous (more square) and it would rub at full crank like yours. This year it's back to the more outer worn edge tires are up front and I'm lowered with the torson bars and they don't rub at all. There is a fine line there if they are going to rub or not.

Good luck. :)

i dont have any bumpstops anymore but i baby my truck driving. are they a lot softer than factory??

If you asking about the Belltech's. YES much softer. I had the small pancake urethane type when first lowered and I would BANG pretty hard on certain roads. Then I got the Belltechs and it wouldn't BANG but you could still fell a cushioned bump.

It was a very noticable improvment.

I'm still getting helper bags though. Guess I'm just to old LOL

If you asking about the Belltech's. YES much softer. I had the small pancake urethane type when first lowered and I would BANG pretty hard on certain roads. Then I got the Belltechs and it wouldn't BANG but you could still fell a cushioned bump.

It was a very noticable improvment.

I'm still getting helper bags though. Guess I'm just to old LOL

i feel everything in my truck but im pretty sure i have lots of clearance cause i didnt drop it that much. plus no notice of banging or scratching where the bumpstops would prevent it.

i feel everything in my truck but im pretty sure i have lots of clearance cause i didnt drop it that much. plus no notice of banging or scratching where the bumpstops would prevent it.

Again with my 2/2 drop and the bracket on the rear bump stops removed. It was like stock. Since going lower I'm having to fine tune it.