Harland Sharps

i could see it being a wast n/a but should be pretty good gains with FI??

negative ghost rider.... LOL

the stock rockers are the best thing out there other than a shaft mount jesel. the aftermarkets are heavier and move more mass over the valve. A ton of f-body guys tried the stock ratio rollers when they came out and actually lost power. I would change the cam and supporting valvetrain. Then get a set of the COMP trunion replacements or CHE precision bushing kit... then spin that sucker.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

im aware that it would be a wast of time installing stock ratio arms that would be 1.7 on a 5.3 im looking at putting 1.8's ive read on a n/a motor it has put as much as 18hp to the wheels and i would think that you would get more with fi im not really worried about the roller portion im more interested in the extra lift so has any one doen this with a stock cam and supercharger if so what were the gains

negative ghost rider.... LOL

the stock rockers are the best thing out there other than a shaft mount jesel. the aftermarkets are heavier and move more mass over the valve. A ton of f-body guys tried the stock ratio rollers when they came out and actually lost power. I would change the cam and supporting valvetrain. Then get a set of the COMP trunion replacements or CHE precision bushing kit... then spin that sucker.

LOL... Thats why MANY of them fail and loose all the needle bearings in the engine. Even after upgrading the trunion, they still dont have a roller tip and with aftermarket heads that have bronze valve guides will wear and put strain over the valves. The aftermarket rockers (harland sharp) are lighter than stock as a whole and over the valve at the tip, I know because I weighed them.

But to the OP... Like everyone said, just get a cam it will be a way better gain. Good luck :chevy:

Im thinking about gettin some harland sharp 1.8 rockers has any one paired these with a stock cam if so what were the gains on n/a and supercharged??

i swear ive seen these in a shop in austin in the glass case. what shop is it??

LOL... Thats why MANY of them fail and loose all the needle bearings in the engine. Even after upgrading the trunion, they still dont have a roller tip and with aftermarket heads that have bronze valve guides will wear and put strain over the valves. The aftermarket rockers (harland sharp) are lighter than stock as a whole and over the valve at the tip, I know because I weighed them.

But to the OP... Like everyone said, just get a cam it will be a way better gain. Good luck :chevy:

:withstupid: i also weighed mine and they are lighter than stock,i agree that your best gain would be with a aftermarket cam....i got mine for a hell of a deal and love them!!!

:withstupid: i also weighed mine and they are lighter than stock,i agree that your best gain would be with a aftermarket cam....i got mine for a hell of a deal and love them!!!

Also I know that titanium retainers are pricey BUT they are 5 grams lighter than the stock ones and will help with your valvetrain. :chevy:

More internet knowledge run-a-muck....

then tell me why guys are spinning 8K with stock rockers and are running them for 2-3 seasons with no problems?? Now if you are going to be a serious buy the jesel set up or run the trunion replacement. By trunion replacement I mean the CHE pricision bushing set up... If you know anything about that....

More internet knowledge run-a-muck....

then tell me why guys are spinning 8K with stock rockers and are running them for 2-3 seasons with no problems?? Now if you are going to be a serious buy the jesel set up or run the trunion replacement. By trunion replacement I mean the CHE pricision bushing set up... If you know anything about that....

LOL.. Your funny danny... :crackup: