Anybody Else Angry At Their Chevy Dealers

alex.t

well heres my rant about chevy goodwrench service. i ended up purchasing a new stock stereo for my sss because the old one was shorting out. so once i get it installed it wont play any music or anything so i call gm and they said i need to bring it to get the stereo programmed to the bcm. so i drive up to my chevy dealer to check when they can do it, so the guy tells me to bring it in 2 days later (today) so i get there at 7:20 am before every other customer and park it in the bay cus thats where i was told to leave it. so i leave and go to work thinking that my trucks going to be ready at 5pm. so i get a ride over there and the guy tells me he didnt't do it and just took it out of the bay and parked out back. i ask him why hell he didn't do it he tells me i didn't come and see him this morning so he didn't do it. and tells me its all my fault. all this after he tells me to bring it in today to get it done. at this time im ready to knock this loser out. and tell him that hes full of shit and is pretty much useless. so i get in my truck and storm out of there and go to the next chevy dealer so i get there and tell the SERVICE MANAGER i need my radio programmed to my bcm and he stares at me like im talking in spanish. so i explain it to him etc....etc. and he cant do it for weeks so i left im just angry with the service and the guys working there, knowing shit all about vehicles. anybody else have this problem with there chevy dealers.

For the most part, the dealers I have gone to have been pretty good. I don't understand why they just don't do it. It shouldn't take them long at all. As for the dipsh!t who said it's your fault, go back and punch him in the face. It is his job to fix it and you shouldn't have to tell him what the problem is. That is what the service report is for :idiot:

I've had my share of dealing with them. Well the Service Writers. Some of them think they know it all because that's what the computer told them. Pffffffffffffffft.

Wife's Grand Am has a drivers seat switch that raises and lowers the seat. Well it quit working and we were covered still. Service writer says. That's not a GM item. That has to be aftermarket. The mech. that supposedly looked at it agreed. So I stop by like you after work, Pull out the owners manual out of the glove box and find the picture of the exact switch and say, Pssssssssst.. does this look aftermarket now? She calls the Mech. over and he pokes around again and says, Hmmm could be factory.. They ordered the part and we got it fixed finally.

I know they don't make nothing on warranty work and dread it. But that's what it's there for.

As for a radio, I bought one from this site (Sale Section) for a friend at work. One dealer actually hooked it up to Tech II is it? But didn't know how to code it, So he took it to the other dealer (Sister Owned Dealer) and the kid there got it done for him. Charged him like $35.00 which he told me they charge more usually.

I can keep going but I'm gonna shut up now. LOL

Hate dealing with them folks!

yeah they just need to hook it up to the TECH2 and program it, it takes like 10 minutes at the most. But most dealers charge an hour just to plug in the TECH2, you need to be friends with a mechanic or just drive around back and talk to the mechanic, slip him $20 and he should do it. I bet you could get one to do it for a pack of smokes

I know the feeling, the dealer by my office used to do my warranty work.......it took them 3 tries to get an oil leak right on my SS. They wound up replacing the oil pan gasket and the rear main seal before realizing the leak was coming from the gasket where the oil cooler lines meet the oil pan. The best part is I was told by the service advisor(who I knew) that he had one of his best techs on it LOL. The dealer has since closed up shop. :uhoh:

yeah, my buttons on my steering wheel dont do the right thing like i touch the source button and it changes the radio station and if i turn the volume up 911 gets called on onstar(which i dont have???), well i take it in and tell the guys and i have/had an extended warrenty and with this warrenty i didnt have to pay b/c it was manual switches, well 2or 3 days later after a little phone tag and me dropping it off everyday i ask the machanice whats the problem and he is on the phone with people who solve there problems or something saying that other guy has no freaking clue!!!!! so i was like on fine dont use the buttons ill do this some other time....... they tried to make me pay, yeah right!!!!!! didnt fix it and don know whats wrong and alot of me patroling on foot!!!!!!! well warrenty wouldnt pay b/c the STEALERSHIP didnt even get a diagnotic.......so i just gave them like 40$ so i could just go.......thats my one time and probly only time i will get dealership help.......by the way if anyone does know whats wrong let me know lol

Yeah... Two weeks after i got my truck my diff went out, had to pay half for it ($500). And about a year down the road after a road trip it started leaking out the rear seal. Took it to em, gave me the bs of 12 month/12k mile warranty that i exceeded, pretty much told me too bad. Last week found out they pinched the vent tube when installing it so the pressure had nowhere to go... I could go argue about it but i dont feel like yelling and busting a blood vessel

I don't go to the local dealer for anything, I always hope on the interstate and head on over to another one, cause of their service.

BTW, don't be scared to call the local GM servce rep... there is a reason why they have a job....

Oh, and GM offers a 3 day rental for any warranty work, that the GM dealership also has to provide, ours wouldn't give me one, so I called the service rep... got a full week :D and two weeks to get "injectors from Michigan", which I live in Ohio, became one week :D

Though, if GM doesn't start to get their dealerships in line, I will jump ship.

I love the Toyota dealer I deal with, have always had the best service you can get.

The Chevy dealer by my house isn't bad, the service guy I deal with has been there for me since the day I drove the truck out of the showroom floor, and I didn't even buy the truck from that dealer.

I did go to another local Chevy dealer once after I got the truck with a problem and after waiting 3 months for them to get the parts needed, only to give them to someone else and saying it would be another 3 to 6 months till they could get the parts back in, I never went back. Took the truck to the Chevy dealer by my house and they were able to get the needed parts within a couple days.

yesterday I had my 2nd experience with a dealership. Overall, a pleasant one. I had my instrument cluster installed under the extended warranty. It only took them 30 mins to do the install! But my 1st experience was HORRIBLE, which was a different dealership.