Supersport Emblems Rendered

SSplaytoy

you know what i think would might actually be cool and alot of members would do is an inlay on the ss emblem themselves . kind of like how the tbss guys have the overlay of the matching vehicle color. well something similar over the ss badge on the sides and tail gate. where all you would see is a border of silver on it. it would take very delicate hands to get perfect but may be worth looking into.

word... they look great, i remember seeing them on Dylan's TBSS a while ago looked really clean...

-Rob

• 1 year later...

A cheaper route to take on this design to be produced would be to have the part cut with a laser. The factory color of the truck will be shown through so it's an exact match, and the part itself can be chromed, polished, brushed, anodized etc. I can get laser cut parts for a fraction of the cost of what this part would be to have CNC'd and painted to match.

As fot the SS inlay cutout part. I had one drawn up that was the same as the original emblem but the edge and bevel were the only part to it. The center of the "S" would be cut out showing the body color as a decal would if placed on top of the emblem. The only problem I have with this part is that the outline is so narrow (3/16") that attaching tape to it would be a pita and might not look to good when put on the truck.

Good idea man. Only problem is I think this is one of those things where you get what you pay for comes into play. IMO, it what look kinda cheap on a "fancy sports truck". I personally like the smaller details like the beveled edges and inlays. The "pin style" emblems sound like more and more of a good idea the more I think of it too. Unfortunately a laser or water jet can't achieve those things. I'd still like to hear others' opinions on this though and maybe some pics?

They look good and all, but isn't it redundant to put "Super Sport" under the "SS" emblem. IMHO, that is borderline ricer... Now if you make one that replaces the "Silverado" sticker on the back, that would be a better choice.

Never thought about it like that. Does anyone have a jpeg of just the Silverado part in the SS style so I can trace it up in cad? I agree about it being redundant, but you'd be surprised how many people don't know what SS stands for :banghead:

Never thought about it like that. Does anyone have a jpeg of just the Silverado part in the SS style so I can trace it up in cad? I agree about it being redundant, but you'd be surprised how many people don't know what SS stands for :banghead:

Another idea would be to loose the "SS" badges and replace them with your "super sport" badge like the gmt 900 truck's "SILVERADO" badge. This is all in my opinion and I'm just trowing out ideas... I would be in for a "silverado" badge that fits under the rear "SS" badge.

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)