Paint Job

well after my incident at target with the carriage smashing my truck, got an estimate for an overall paintjob, bout 3k, is this to much , what do you guys think, macco is out of the question,

Sounds a bit much to me. I think that guy is raping you unless you are gonna spray the whole truck a totally different color and he is gonna strip it all down and do it right. I have seen expensive paintjobs (10k +), but to fix a ding and paint... 3k :wtf::nono:

Sounds a bit much to me. I think that guy is raping you unless you are gonna spray the whole truck a totally different color and he is gonna strip it all down and do it right. I have seen expensive paintjobs (10k +), but to fix a ding and paint... 3k :wtf::nono:

hell yea, u have a pic of the damage?

Sounds a bit much to me..........I have seen expensive paintjobs (10k +), but to fix a ding and paint... 3k :wtf::nono:

hell yea, u have a pic of the damage?

Guys, I think he meant to paint the whole truck.......

.....got an estimate for an overall paintjob, bout 3k.....

That seems reasonable to me to paint the entire truck. leaning towards the cheaper side of things.........remember, you get what you pay for....

Guys, I think he meant to paint the whole truck.......

That seems reasonable to me to paint the entire truck. leaning towards the cheaper side of things.........remember, you get what you pay for....

I agree, but I had my roll pan molded, frenched the tag, gate shaved, fixed a few dings, hood painted with the entire truck for 1900 with PPG.

sorry guys for the confusion, the quote was for the whole truck, and it was a chevy dealer,,they take good care of my truck, but was concerned bout a overall paint job price,,,,

in all honesty, thats seems cheep...

just remember you get what you pay for. i can tell you this, just in paint, primer, and clear on my truck the red was 1700$. i almost shit myself!

put up pics when you are done!

i am a body/painter by trade and if your looking to spray the whole the i think that is honestly to cheap you should be around 5000 at least for good quality you better make sure what kind of job and materails they are gonna do and use

WAY cheap for an entire truck... I'd be leery of anyone willing to do the whole job for $3k b/c that would be on par with something you'd get at maaco.

Most of the guys I know who do paint won't touch a truck for less than $5-6000... to do it right the amount of hours involve more than justify a price tag like that if you want it done right.

i agree. $3K is probably not a very high quality job. hell, almost half of that will be material lol, and then consider the cost of labor! 5-6K is a lot closer to what you should expect. if you are considering having them do it, then you need to look into getting the damage fixed and finding a good detailer that can do all the paint correction on your truck. a good detailer will probably be able to make your paint look better than new.