Found A New Truck

70chevy03ss

I know I know its NOT a chevy but it is a pretty bad ass truck. Im thinking about it and if I can swing it and the price is right it might be mine.

Its an 06 LOADED with a lift stacks and much much more. Miles are around 80K but its a diesel so.... Well here is a pic.. I can't wait to hear the reaction from u guys..

Oh I am not saying I will get it but you never know.. And don't forget I still have a BLown BBC 70 chevelle so I am still a die hard chevy fan!!!

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

I know I know its NOT a chevy but it is a pretty bad ass truck. Im thinking about it and if I can swing it and the price is right it might be mine.

Its an 06 LOADED with a lift stacks and much much more. Miles are around 80K but its a diesel so.... Well here is a pick.. I can't wait to hear the reaction from u guys..

Oh I am not saying I will get it but you never know.. And don't forget I still have a BLown BBC 70 chevelle so I am still a die hard chevy fan!!!

Just a heads up for you man.....

The trannys on those tend to crap out rather quickly. I am guessing it is a 6.0 :dunno: If so, by 06, Ford pretty much worked all the kinks out of that motor. You still may have to worry about the egr cooler if it hasn't been replaced yet, or the owner didn't have a dummy one installed. Otherwise, not a bad looking truck......for a Ford :uhoh::jester:

this one is 350. i don't mine the 250's either

I know all about the kinks but and egr problems. My buddy who is a true die hard ford fan is going to go up with me. He knows all the ins and outs on the these trucks! You are right it's a 6.0

like I said we will see im looking only cause the SSS is falling apart at 112K

this one is 350. i don't mine the 250's either

I know all about the kinks but and egr problems. My buddy who is a true die hard ford fan is going to go up with me. He knows all the ins and outs on the these trucks! You are right it's a 6.0

like I said we will see im looking only cause the SSS is falling apart at 112K

Don't give up on the SS man...not for a Ford! :nono: That is just wrong!

Those trucks will run for a while though when taken care of. Diesel is the sh!t! If you get it, throw an 03 turbo on it, some injectors with a good tune, and let a rip in the beast. Good luck with it :thumbs:

I wouldn't do it IMO, they call 'em Powerchoke or Powerbroke for a reason.......my experience with these motors and trans through the FD has not been positive by any means....

forgot 6.BLOW

What vehicle doesn't have problems??? like I said I like the looks and what its got in it. I am just looking at it Im not serious at all I mean its a big truck and with diesel prices its iffy. But we will see Im not impressed with the SSS at this moment with everything braking or falling apart..

What vehicle doesn't have problems??? like I said I like the looks and what its got in it. I am just looking at it Im not serious at all I mean its a big truck and with diesel prices its iffy. But we will see Im not impressed with the SSS at this moment with everything braking or falling apart..

7 trans, motor rebuild, front diff prob soon, wheel bearings, bushings, balljoints, some wiring...I have had my share, but I still love my SS. If the wiring harness wasn't a sob to splice into while doing a d-max swap I would have done it. Just remember since everything does break at some point, parts to fix the diesel are more expensive.

Its an 06 LOADED with a lift stacks and much much more. Miles are around 80K but its a diesel so.... Well here is a pick.. I can't wait to hear the reaction from u guys..

I hope he's giving you a little money too boot, :jester::chevy:

its still a 6.0 motor they are pos imo . i work on them for a living and from my experience have lots of problems even the later models . the trans though are usually pretty strong under stock motor power. its the motor that has issues with the heads and egr coolers.

the 7.3 l trucks in early 03 were the best , the new 6.4's are not any better either man . there is no way anyone could get me to buy a ford 6.0 power stroke . i have one in my work truck i drive about 1k miles a week in and i have been an entire 4 months without any problems besided a radiator which is very easy to do on the 6.0l

the 7.3 are cake to work on compared to the 6.0's the 6.4's are jokes to work on . most stuff is cab off.

I wish you lived closer, because if you bought that i could make a TON of money off of you. I write service for Ford and the 6.0 has nothing but problems, no matter what the year....7.3 is the way to go if you want a Ford diesel....

the company i use to work for bought 8 F550s about 1.5 yrs ago. out of the 8, 5 had blown motors with in 5 mo. all 6L . i used a 2000 F550 w/7.3 some days at work and would over load it by 5.7 tons, goose neck trailer(10,00 lbs) water tank with 3500 gal of water, and pulled good. not fast but did a good job. only issues we had, was we cracked the frame about 7 times in different spots :D Axel tubes were so bent that the out side duel tires would not set flush on the ground..POS Ford.. :lol:

:seeya: