Progress On Paint

Was a long day yesterday we got my truck disassembled,prep'd,sealed,base coated,flaked and cleared last night

The flake turned out awsome was late last night and we had sh#tty lighting and my phone wouldnt pick up the flake in the pics but here are some pics of the progress i hope to get it back together today and get some pics of it in the sun

post-19130-1261757835_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1261757846_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1261757859_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1261757870_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1261757900_thumb.jpg

Got it back together today and it looks awsome unfortunately there was zero sun out today so i didnt get to really see the flake sparkle except for under shop lighting which sux the paint was dead on but it looks a tad bit different than the rear and the reason is beacause the dupont premier clear coat is perfectly clear and the factory clear has a slight tint to it but im not sweating it it looks great sparkles like a MOFO and next year its getting ss kitted and sprayed arrival blue so heres some pics of it together

post-19130-1261793322_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1261793332_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1261793343_thumb.jpg

post-19130-1261793355_thumb.jpg

did you only paint the front end? I don't want to dog on the paint but in the one pic you can clearly see the difference in color between the whole front clip and the rest of the vehicle. The paint itself looks dope but it doesn't match the rest from what i can see in the pic, or is it just the pic making it look that way?

I am referring to the 2nd pic in on post 10.......

did you only paint the front end? I don't want to dog on the paint but in the one pic you can clearly see the difference in color between the whole front clip and the rest of the vehicle. The paint itself looks dope but it doesn't match the rest from what i can see in the pic, or is it just the pic making it look that way?

I am referring to the 2nd pic in on post 10.......

if you read what i wrote i said that yes the front ended up being a shade different it wasnt the colors that were different it was the clear i bought the most expensive clear that dupont has which is as clear as water and the factory clear if you put it in a clear cup it has a yellowish tint to it where as the dupont premier doesnt yes that particular pic it sticks out but not that much in person and if you read what else i wrote you would have noticed that i said that im going to paint the truck arrival blue soon

if you read what i wrote i said that yes the front ended up being a shade different it wasnt the colors that were different it was the clear i bought the most expensive clear that dupont has which is as clear as water and the factory clear if you put it in a clear cup it has a yellowish tint to it where as the dupont premier doesnt yes that particular pic it sticks out but not that much in person and if you read what else i wrote you would have noticed that i said that im going to paint the truck arrival blue soon

the factory clear coat is not yellow. The yellow paint clear you saw use probably old. The sandstone metallic base is a PITA to match very similar to pewter. If you are planning on painting the truck arrival blue you better make sure you know how to mess with a high pearlescent base coat.

the temps must stay within a few degrees every time you paint. Your air pressure needs to stay the same as well as every setting on your gun. Make sure you keep the same pattern for each panel. If you paint from left to right and back then you have to paint every panel that way. It is a extremely picky color, but thats why you see the factory paint trucks where all the cladding doesn't match.