My Trade In Value Only $5,000 For My 05 Sss

houston05tx

That is one of the many reasons GM and other mfgs. have been hitting rock bottom ---- the insulting ways of treating customers. And just think, the tax payers (customers) bailed them out so they could continue with that same old mindset. It's disgusting.

x2

im sorry to say, but the SSS doesnt really bring the money on a car lot. we love them, and we would pay more for one... but the fact is, most people dont. stock, its more money than competitors, and much slower. btw, looking at dealer resources- that $5k bid isnt right, but black book and auction MMR which comes in around $12-14k (for that 05, assuming its AWD w/ 90k+ miles).

hell, mine is an 06 w/ 39k, worth about $20k. maybe a few thousand more if the particular dealer/buyer is into the modifications. but as a rule of thumb in the car business, they cant give any value for accessories, and in some cases some value is lessened with some adds.

im sorry to say, but the SSS doesnt really bring the money on a car lot. we love them, and we would pay more for one... but the fact is, most people dont. stock, its more money than competitors, and much slower. btw, looking at dealer resources- that $5k bid isnt right, but black book and auction MMR which comes in around $12-14k (for that 05, assuming its AWD w/ 90k+ miles).

hell, mine is an 06 w/ 39k, worth about $20k. maybe a few thousand more if the particular dealer/buyer is into the modifications. but as a rule of thumb in the car business, they cant give any value for accessories, and in some cases some value is lessened with some adds.

Exactly. What you may find appealing others may think its disgusting. You also have to look at it from a dealerships view. How hard is it giong to be to sell this vehicle.

So you are tell me that the value of our trucks has dropped that much. Its hard to believe. You know the sad truth is that the dealer will turn around and sell it for like $20,000 or so.

dont use KBB values...they use black book prices and they will either make you mad or LOL

I would rather sell it here than give it to a dealer to make up. My wife has a great story about trying to trade in my Audi allroad...lets just say I was mad and told them its bs to not use the same book for values (KBB vs Black book) espically when customers dont come in thinking black book prices they think hey KBB is my range....wrong!

Last guy here said the dealer was asking 19K and would not budge...off of their 14K profit!

That's BS... they offer you 5, then put on the lot for 22...

most the time a dealer dont no how much something goes 4 the just offer u wat they want but wat they dont tell u is a used car is wear they make all ther money i should no my friend works at a chevy dealer

You guys are out of your f*cking minds if you think that they would turn around and sell it for $20k. First off yes $5k is way to low. But don't freak out on the guy. He walks into an office shows them what you have and they make an offer. If you don't like it then walk. Simple as that. With the mileage on the clock (it doesn't matter if the whole truck was rebuilt 3kmi ago) they more than likely would not even put it on the lot. You walk into a dealer (not jo blow's auction lot) with something with that many miles on it you are asking for trouble. They will only give you what a wholesaler will back them for. If by some reason you had traded in the SSS they would have sold it to a wholesaler and it would end up either as parts truck somewhere or in some tiny little used car dealership in the middle of no where. Or the wholesaler would just buy it and drive a nice truck himself or his kids or something. You guys think that there is all this room on cars and the dealer is making tons off each car. WRONG!!! On a new car the dealer make at most $1k plus "hold-back" and thats on a damn good day. Most of the time $500 is a happy place. (I work at a Pontiac Buick GMC dealer for those that don't know me). Yes on used car's there is a potenial to make more money. But if you really think that a dealer is going to buy a car for $5k and turn around and sell it for $20k than you are out of your freaking mind. Not to mention that most of the time when they have to put stuff like brakes tire etc on, it is coming right out of the profit. The service dept will charge them almost full pricing and when it is all said and done they still aren't making much. If you don't believe me I will go get a copy of a dealer invoice on a car than sticker price and you can see it. So next time you give a salemen a hard time telling them there a thief and they don't know what they are doing, just keep in mind they are only trying to put food in their kids mouth. The business is not what it used to be. The big money is made in financing and intrest on the loan. The days of having room to move are gone. Just don't take the deal and walk out. Simple. :rant:

On a different note, I do agree that that offer is really low and that you could make a hell of alot more selling it private party. Don't believe KBB, the prices are over inflated, and "mods" do not make your vehicle worth more unless selling to another enthusiast. As far as the new truck, their are always different programs going on through GM to knock $ of the sticker so keep checking back, but the dealer does not have control of that.

Edited by delay18 (see edit history)