Sunroof Windsheild

It's supposed to eliminate a lot of the wind noise when the roof is open, so it's not like it doesn't have a function but I thought all sunroofs these days already had a little wind sail that rises into place when the panel opens??? Styling-wise, it does have that disco-era custom pimped-out van look to it :jester: Personally, I wouldn't get rid of it, it looks alright on the truck - but the side wing vent ones I hate (your truck doesn't have those :thumbs:).

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

i never had it off so i dont really know if it does the job.... and my only problem with it is when i clean the chevy dirt gets trapped in there and so i have like this nice clean truck and a dirty sunroof....... but has anyone out there had on and take it off or didnt have one and put it on?????

i never had it off so i dont really know if it does the job.... and my only problem with it is when i clean the chevy dirt gets trapped in there and so i have like this nice clean truck and a dirty sunroof....... but has anyone out there had on and take it off or didnt have one and put it on?????

If you ever come to Columbia I could let you take ride in my truck to see the difference.

i would take it off and see if it makes a difference. doesnt it just stick on with two sided tape? if you get wind noise just put it back on.

it may also help keep a lot of dust/dirt flying critters out of the truck while driving. would surly suck having some pi**ed off bees join you going down the road.. :crazy:

Lol true about keeping shit out, I might take it off and give it the old school girl try

Just thought about another thing. With the deflector on you can't stick you're head out the sunroof. I do that all the time. haha

It's supposed to eliminate a lot of the wind noise when the roof is open, so it's not like it doesn't have a function but I thought all sunroofs these days already had a little wind sail that rises into place when the panel opens??? Styling-wise, it does have that disco-era custom pimped-out van look to it :jester: Personally, I wouldn't get rid of it, it looks alright on the truck - but the side wing vent ones I hate (your truck doesn't have those :thumbs:).

Mr. P. :)

Actually it seems like the wind sail that pops up makes the same amount of noise just higher pitched. I push it down sometimes and it lets more air in the cab, but makes a deep rumble noise.