Throttle Body Spacer?

smallblock500

I was looking through summit racing and saw a throttle body spacer for my truck as well as a velocity stack. The stack is only $34 and the spacer is $44 so they are pretty cheap mods but are they good for anything but a longer mod list?

how about the ram air scoops then go behind the pass side "brake duct" is it worth $124

Edited by blue-03-SS (see edit history)

i know the spacers are pretty much useless dont waste your money. if you dont have one get a custom tune by wheatley, or the other vendors on here, thats your best bang for the buck they're a couple hundred dollars and well worth the money.

ugh a TB spacer works on a carberated setup it allows the air and fuel to mix better for better combustion. Your truck has Fuel injection the fuel is directly injected into the combustion chamber, there for making a tb spacer a waste of space. It will however give you mental horsepower because it creates a whistling sound.

ugh a TB spacer works on a carberated setup it allows the air and fuel to mix better for better combustion. Your truck has Fuel injection the fuel is directly injected into the combustion chamber, there for making a tb spacer a waste of space. It will however give you mental horsepower because it creates a whistling sound.

No sir, it is directly injected to the intake runner just before the intake valve. but the theory is correct, a spacer will do nothing. and neither will the velocity stack since there are plenty of bends in the intake itself to render the stack useless

Funny thing here.. I had to replace my alternator yesterday. Pulled it into the garage to get started on the job, took off the plastic and BOOM.. there is a red TB spacer on there. Since this was the 1st time i had had the plastic off since i got the truck a few months ago i was surprised. I turned to my buddy and said " look at that, someone wasted cash on this POS TB Spacer " LOL...

Makes me wonder what other mods are on the truck....