What Kind Of Gas Mileage Are You Guys Seeing?

powell.lucky13@gmail.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol more like 9 Dan

Yeah 9mpg, here were the variables for that figure......400lbs of winter sand in the bed, snow covered roads(very slow driving), and a sh*t load of extended idle time(remote starter to defrost/unfreeze truck). Thank god I only saw that reading once. :freak:

I think Roger is the pivot guy lol jk

on average city is 15-18mpg and hwy is 22-24mpg

when i get on it hard WOT it drops down to like 6-8mpg lol but i am 2wd so i am sure it makes a diffrence

Seriously? How do you get 15-18 around town? My truck has never seen 15 even on the highway...

With my converter locked going 65MPH on the interstate, I got 14MPG on a long trip (140 miles). This is not using the DIC as I feel it is inaccurate now that I am no where near stock. I topped it off and divided the miles into the gallons. Around town...forget it man. I'll bet on 8-10MPG...keep in mind this is a heavy breathing 408 not intended for gas mileage at all.

My old Radix set-up got a nice 17-18 on the highway and 11-13 in town. Not bad for what it was.

Seriously? How do you get 15-18 around town? My truck has never seen 15 even on the highway...

The only way you get really good MPG is if you run 100% gasoline and your tune is optimized both in timing and AFR for it. If you notice a lot of the better MPG trucks are with Charlie Wheatley's tune. Coincidence???

Mr. P. :)