Average Cost On Engine/trans Swap

I have a built engine w/radix and built trans sitting in my garage in the burned 03 SS from early this year. I now have an 05 SSS w/ 86000 miles that runs great, but it's killing me to see that setup sitting in my garage. It ran so well and has so much damn power and i really miss that.

I have a local shop that i trust to do work like this. They aren't a speed shop, but i think they'd do a decent job. Plus i could always take it back if i had problems. I would need them to take the setup out of the 03 and put into the 05. Probably try to sell the 05 engine/trans after that. I'm sure i'd need an alternator and maybe a few other smaller items, otherwise i would think it would be a fairly simple swap. I'm sure i'm missing some details, but this is what i can think of for now. If any of you have an idea what this will take or an average price range to get it done i'd like to hear it. I'm probably looking at spring to get this done. Thanks for any input. Mike

I have a built engine w/radix and built trans sitting in my garage in the burned 03 SS from early this year. I now have an 05 SSS w/ 86000 miles that runs great, but it's killing me to see that setup sitting in my garage. It ran so well and has so much damn power and i really miss that.

I have a local shop that i trust to do work like this. They aren't a speed shop, but i think they'd do a decent job. Plus i could always take it back if i had problems. I would need them to take the setup out of the 03 and put into the 05. Probably try to sell the 05 engine/trans after that. I'm sure i'd need an alternator and maybe a few other smaller items, otherwise i would think it would be a fairly simple swap. I'm sure i'm missing some details, but this is what i can think of for now. If any of you have an idea what this will take or an average price range to get it done i'd like to hear it. I'm probably looking at spring to get this done. Thanks for any input. Mike

1300-1500

Think you might get this done before the G2G Mike??

Depends Brian....i've got a few irons in the fire as it pertains to SS's. If i end up doing this swap, i want to have it done in the spring. I hope around March. So if we have a GTG after that i'll be good. Either way i'll have an SS there....either my standard 05 or my 'hybrid' 03/05 :devil:

I will keep a couple of you local guys informed...Trying to hire Steve/Mr P to come help me do the swap in my garage over a long weekend in early spring. If you guys have any interest in coming by and keeping the cooler stocked it might be kind of fun.

Depends Brian....i've got a few irons in the fire as it pertains to SS's. If i end up doing this swap, i want to have it done in the spring. I hope around March. So if we have a GTG after that i'll be good. Either way i'll have an SS there....either my standard 05 or my 'hybrid' 03/05 :devil:

I will keep a couple of you local guys informed...Trying to hire Steve/Mr P to come help me do the swap in my garage over a long weekend in early spring. If you guys have any interest in coming by and keeping the cooler stocked it might be kind of fun.

I'd be totally down for that, and im sure Shaun would tag along as well..maybe Ben??

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)