Speed Meter Problems

catdaddy300

Ok the problem was I cranked up my truck and was going like 20 mph and my truck was reading 120 And when I slowed to 0 it read 100 and the started going again and went up to one 120. So I stoped turned the truck off and it went down like 7 mph do I did that like 12 times back to zero. Anyone else have that problem????

Do a search - your speedo stepper motor is bad...just like everyone elses is or will be

if you're under 70k you're golden...otherwise you can fix it yourself if you can solder or you can just replace it

Do a search - your speedo stepper motor is bad...just like everyone elses is or will be

if you're under 70k you're golden...otherwise you can fix it yourself if you can solder or you can just replace it

x2

I think they extended the warranty on the failing clusters to 80k miles or 8 years now.

x2

I think they extended the warranty on the failing clusters to 80k miles or 8 years now.

typical...I would have gotten a new one if that was the initial warranty - mine went out at 79k

typical...I would have gotten a new one if that was the initial warranty - mine went out at 79k

I read them changing the warranty in another post not that long ago tho. It is a recent change. When did you have yours done? Mine is still fukt up and I told the dealer around 34k miles and haven't taken it back. Since then, it has been the speedo and rpms from time to time actin up, but the trans gauge has gone all the way around tons of times and 2 bulbs are toast.