Intake

GatelySS

Hey Yall im new to this website this is my first post im looking for an intake for my 06 Silverado SS. Ive read reviews on the k&n and the volant both seem like good options im not really looking for performance but more for sound, the stock one sounds pretty good already i was wondering if anyone had suggestions on an intake sounding like a supercharger, i know its a cheap way to do it but hey i might actually superchage it one day. appreciate the help - Stevie G.

Current mods- pioneer 4 inch touch screen, 2 digital designs 8" subs with custom box, flowmaster 50 series, votex programmer. looking into lowering kits as well.

Edited by GatelySS (see edit history)

This thread should help you in your decision:

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/index.ph...c=44289&hl=

Great link for CAI info. And as for 'sounding' like a s/c I guess you can blow some money on a TB spacer and get a whistle effect from it. Just go with Volant if you like closed in CAIs or K&N if you are wanting an open element one. The K&N does get the added bonus of "ram air" over the headlight though.

I had a K&N and sole it to go back to the stock air box which I modified and added a drop in K&N. But there isn't really an intake that sounds like a s/c. Sorry man.

If you are interested in dropping it, kits should depend on how low you wanna go too when you do your research between how much of a drop and what components you want to use and the kind of money you wanna spend.

BTW, Welcome to the site :cheers:

I beg to differ on this. Now I am not saying that mine sounds like a S/c but I used the K&N 77 series filter with the intake tube and all the piping from the true flow kit found on the regency pickups and when mine goes to suck in air people turn and look. It makes this whistle sound that I haven't heard any were else.

So maybe look up true flow on ebay.

Again I know what a supercharger sounds like just look at my sig.. Good luck on what you do and get..

I beg to differ on this. Now I am not saying that mine sounds like a S/c but I used the K&N 77 series filter with the intake tube and all the piping from the true flow kit found on the regency pickups and when mine goes to suck in air people turn and look. It makes this whistle sound that I haven't heard any were else.

So maybe look up true flow on ebay.

Again I know what a supercharger sounds like just look at my sig.. Good luck on what you do and get..

don't want to sound like a dick, but you sure all your clamps were tight?