Do They Make A Crew Cab Ss Silverado

singletonc20

From the pic, it looks like whoever had it before wrecked it and tried to rebuild it as an SS. No front bumper, cladding, and the SS badges are upside down. Does it have the SS interior? My guess is a 2500hd, but that wouldn't really explain it being awd and not 4x4, unless they changed the switch on the dash.

If it came from a police auction, it's def suspicious. I don't think gm stamps vins in anywhere either?

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitly a half ton pickup of some sort. And it seems to sit high as well. Is the bed only 5.5 feet? My guess it's a GMC Sierra Denali. Get more pictures, inside and out. That may help.

someones thinking the same. here is another idea. if it was at a police auction the previous owner waas shady . could have bought/stole/aquired a SS and tried to make his one .

there is a vin on the frame i forgot exactly where to look though i thought it was under the bed somewhere.

does it have a chevy steering wheel? what kind of interior color combo does it have ?

From the pic, it looks like whoever had it before wrecked it and tried to rebuild it as an SS. No front bumper, cladding, and the SS badges are upside down. Does it have the SS interior? My guess is a 2500hd, but that wouldn't really explain it being awd and not 4x4, unless they changed the switch on the dash.

If it came from a police auction, it's def suspicious. I don't think gm stamps vins in anywhere either?

Cant be a 3/4 ton...the SSS wheels wouldnt fit, as a 3/4 ton has an 8 lug bolt pattern.

Fairly certain its a 1500hd thats been converted and the OP is unclear on the AWD, the frame sitting low below the body gives it away.

1500HD has 8 lug rims on them and the frame is longer for the 6.5 foot bed. This one looks like its the short (5.5ft)bed.

Edited by thomp62301 (see edit history)

I don't think it is a Sierra Denali. It isn't AWS (No "hips" on the bed). It is more than likely a 4wd 1500 Z71. Unless someone really went throught the thing and converted it to to awd. It can't be a 2500hd, or 1500hd, or a Denali. Does it really have a 6.0? Are you sure it's not a 5.3?

I don't think it is a Sierra Denali. It isn't AWS (No "hips" on the bed). It is more than likely a 4wd 1500 Z71. Unless someone really went throught the thing and converted it to to awd. It can't be a 2500hd, or 1500hd, or a Denali. Does it really have a 6.0? Are you sure it's not a 5.3?

Definately not an HD of any variety, too many reasons to begin the list, but why cant it be an 05-06 Sierra Denali? Most likely option IMO. Get some interior shots of the dash and seats. Good start to a really nice ride, good luck.

Look at the body side molding

GMC-Sierra_Denali_1500_Crew_Cab_2005_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

GMC-Sierra_Denali_1500_Crew_Cab_2005_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

DSC05682.jpg

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

Definately not an HD of any variety, too many reasons to begin the list, but why cant it be an 05-06 Sierra Denali? Most likely option IMO. Get some interior shots of the dash and seats. Good start to a really nice ride, good luck.

Look at the body side molding

DSC05682.jpg

I will refer back to my original post. I don't think it could be a Sierra Denali because it doesn't have the pronounced "hips" on the bed side due to the AWS. From this angle it does not appear to have that.

I will refer back to my original post. I don't think it could be a Sierra Denali because it doesn't have the pronounced "hips" on the bed side due to the AWS. From this angle it does not appear to have that.

:withstupid: Looks too much like a chevy for me to think it a denali. But who the hell knows at this point... :dunno:

Did you guys bother looking at the first 2 pics I posted, that's an 05 SD? 2004 was the last year of the ECSB Quadrasteer Sierra Denali. 05-06 all were Crew Cab, Extra short bed, AWD, 2WS, 6.0.... no "hips"

And, the only truck to come with the painted molding on his "55" was the.... drum roll please.... Sierra Denali.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)