Do They Make A Crew Cab Ss Silverado

singletonc20

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the Denali, I would still try to find a VIN # that remains. Like Wody stated they are everywhere. I just hope no SS was stolen and sacrificed to create this truck (too many thefts recently). Then again it's possible it was confiscated under different reasons, he could have bought an SS and Denali and then tore the SS apart to create his dream truck.

My first mod would be one helluva security system.

My buddy had an 05 Denali, very nice fully loaded. I noticed on tight country roads he would lag in corners and then catch up on the straightaways (he has a led foot, Im featherfoot). I got my SS over the Denali b/c of the lower stance.

My guess is $6500. Congrats on your truck :cheers:

Congrats on the Denali, I would still try to find a VIN # that remains. Like Wody stated they are everywhere. I just hope no SS was stolen and sacrificed to create this truck (too many thefts recently). Then again it's possible it was confiscated under different reasons, he could have bought an SS and Denali and then tore the SS apart to create his dream truck.

My first mod would be one helluva security system.

My buddy had an 05 Denali, very nice fully loaded. I noticed on tight country roads he would lag in corners and then catch up on the straightaways (he has a led foot, Im featherfoot). I got my SS over the Denali b/c of the lower stance.

My guess is $6500. Congrats on your truck :cheers:

Thanks again everyone for all the info. I paid a salvage price of $8000. and I am still waiting to make it road worthy. Because it was a stolen truck and the vin #s are not correct they are giving me a hard time for a registration. I've even had a guy with the insurance burreau inspect the frame for the vin and he had no luck finding it.

Once you get the registration figured out, I would get a front bumper of course, then start accumulating parts to add cladding, a CC with cladding would be the shiz. I would even leave it looking like a stock SS to throw everyone for a loop.

Chase- looks like a bowtie on the steering wheel to me.

That interior should have been a give away. Either way it's a killer truck! I'm not sure why someone would go through swapping the whole front end. I like the denali front ends and almost bought one over my truck. :dunno: But a crew cab awd ss will def be a killer looking truck when done! Congrats! Best of luck getting the reg ironed out! :thumbs: Let's just hope no SS's died in the making of these truck.

ok guys i figured it out i know what it is

its a truck :jester:

am i good or what

go ahead give me my props

...Because it was a stolen truck and the vin #s are not correct they are giving me a hard time for a registration. I've even had a guy with the insurance burreau inspect the frame for the vin and he had no luck finding it.

Assuming it is an original CC Denail with original LQ9 (there wasn't a motor swap) - the entire VIN is laser-etched on the driver-side rear of the engine block, just below where the head bolts to the block. Also, the last 8 of the VIN is laser-etched on the transmission, and those 8-digits are enough for Mr. Goodwrench to sleuth the build sheet out of the parts computer for you. I am sure that if you drive the truck down to the parts counter on a slow afternoon and explained it was a theft recovery they would be happy to help you locate and read at least the last 8 digits off the transmission case, I think it's easier to inspect than getting the truck on a lift and reading the VIN off the engine block.

That is also a "must know" for you guys with SSI trucks and collectibility concerns, you have to have the exact motor and trans to have an authentic 'numbers matching' truck in the future, because they ARE stamped with the original VIN from the parent truck.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Once you get the registration figured out, I would get a front bumper of course, then start accumulating parts to add cladding, a CC with cladding would be the shiz. I would even leave it looking like a stock SS to throw everyone for a loop.

Chase- looks like a bowtie on the steering wheel to me.

lol that was fun reading this post from start to finsh for the first time, it was like pictionary ... but my .02 is it got hit from the front and he decided to put a chevy clip on it instead of a gmc clip. nice truck by the way good buy, it needs work but great foundation to work with. welcome to the club :cheers:

ohh and by the way check your windows for you vin number, i know allot of the high end vehcles came with them etched in the glass , my ss did

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

thats what i get for not looking myself.

who ever did the swap did a decent job , not so much on the badging or bumpers but to actually do the air bag is pretty cool.

i dont think the 05 ccsb denali's came with hydroboost do they?