Low Oil Pressure Problem

8 UR HMI

ok well a week ago my truck started acting up in mississippi saying low oil pressure and nothing on the gauge. well i gave it a little gas and it built pressure so i wasnt too worried, no noises from the lifters, knock etc...

well steve and i talked and thought it was the oil pressure sending unit but guess not.

so tonight i started the truck drove it dominos where my friend works and it was fine. went out to start it again with a little of warm truck, low oil pressure again, gave it gas nothing. then i turned it off, started it again and this time it made some weird noise that i cant explain, rough idle etc... no knock or lifter noise still but def not normal.

gonna try and start it in the morning and see what happens but looks like were gonna be changing the oil pump AND sending unit this coming weekend.

BTW, my truck is sitting in the parking lot at dominos in round rock by itself :( thankfully i have insurance and nothing to steal in the truck so im not too worried.

FML!!!! i hate spending maintenance money!!!

https://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...p;siteid=215040

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=0&Nr...344b48412153332

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

Stupid question, did you check your oil level? :huh:

yes dan. its still full. we literally JUST CHANGED it when we did the timing set. we also changed the pickup tube o-ring. i know its good cause it did it once last week then was fine. now i guess its finally completely gone. steve is driving down from dallas this weekend to help me change it out......

oh and good news, my truck is fine and sitting up there still. my friend has his trailer that we use to take his camaro to the track so were gonna go get it which is an hour away and tow my truck back to my house.