Need To Lose Weight (well The Ss)

sss25

Anyone who stays in California knows how high the dmv renewal fees are :mad: . I am currently paying $364 each year in renewal fees. The weight fee is $154 but it can drop to $80 if the ss can shed a few (160) pounds. I removed the spare tire today along with the small jack and tools. I am thinking the back seat is next. Any other things i can take off to reach the 160 mark total??

Edited by sss25 (see edit history)

Fuel is most likely the biggest factor here. I would also find some stock silverado 16" wheels for your inspection. Could shave almost 90#'s over stock with the right tire. Could also leave the tailgate home, find a small lighter car battery (temporarily), and be sure to drain your washer fluid.

I was able to duck under the radar for the class 2 fee in PA :cheers:

Fuel is most likely the biggest factor here. I would also find some stock silverado 16" wheels for your inspection. Could shave almost 90#'s over stock with the right tire. Could also leave the tailgate home, find a small lighter car battery (temporarily), and be sure to drain your washer fluid.

I was able to duck under the radar for the class 2 fee in PA :cheers:

Really? They wouldn't even let me take the truck off the lot with out a class 2 registration.

Really? They wouldn't even let me take the truck off the lot with out a class 2 registration.

I will show you my Reg at the install party if ya want :lol: Yea, I had a good day when this happened. At least I don't have to put that big "2" sticker next to the inspection sticker!

It costs me $89.10 each year in Fl. They don't givashitte about emissions and don't weigh your vehicle, or give you a retarded sticker to put on! It's still more expensive than a car and has to be renewed in Dec instead of the month of my b-day tho.

i live here and didnt know they did this either . what does it have to weigh ? what did yours weigh?

So you don't get charged a weight fee? :confused: When i bought my truck a couple of years ago it was an out of state vehicle and had to be weighed so it could be assessed the proper weight fee. It weighed in at 5160 at the time. According to the dmv website and one of the employees at the local dmv if i can drop it to 5000 or below the weight fee will drop from $154 to $80. Below is info i pulled from the dmv website:

Motor Vehicles with No More Than Two Axles

Unladen Weight

Fee

$8

$8

$24

$80

$154

Edited by sss25 (see edit history)