2003 Arrival Blue In A Rattle Can?

I have a 03 arrival blue SSS and I am trying to paint my engine covers to match my EXT paint job as close as I can. I don't have A paint gun so i'm looking for as close of a match as I can get in a rattle can. I found some at the hobby shop thats a super close match but its in small cans and it has the crappy old round nozzles. I really like the dupli-color paints and have had very good results with them but they don't make my paint code in a spray can. Maybe has anyone else found another dupli-color paint that is a close enough match to use for this? It doesn't have to be a prefect match but I do at least want it pretty close.

Most NAPA auto stores have the ability to match paint and put them in a rattle can. That is where i got mine from you just have to make sure that the NAPA store has the ability to mix paint. It is expensive though like $18 or so if i can remeber correctly.

Most NAPA auto stores have the ability to match paint and put them in a rattle can. That is where i got mine from you just have to make sure that the NAPA store has the ability to mix paint. It is expensive though like $18 or so if i can remeber correctly.

really thats great news I am in the same boat here

thanks for the heads up sir

No problem just make sure u get base coat clear coat mix cuz i got mine just as the base coat the first time and after i got done spraying the clear on it was alittle flat. The second time around i got it with the clear mixed in and it looked like normal then you can just add more clear if you would like

I actually found some duplicolor at AutoZone that was labeled as Victory Red.......IIRC it was a pretty good size spray can....Did a couple of covers and some other small pieces......

Ya dupli-color makes victory red and it is the same paint code as your truck but they skip the blue. My blue is paint code 91 they have 90 then it skips down to 95 I think.

here is a link to their paint codes that they make https://www.duplicolor.com/duplicolor/step1.php

Edited by blue-03-SS (see edit history)

I have an arrival blue SS and had a couple of color matched paint cans mixed at the local auto paint store. I ended up paying $18 per can. It looks really good but you def want a clear also. Make sure to scuff up whatever you are painting (without leaving visible scratch marks)- this is to help the rattle can paint really stick. A light rub with scotch brite pads works well- good luck man!

Edited by 04LIGHT (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 03 arrival blue SSS and I am trying to paint my engine covers to match my EXT paint job as close as I can. I don't have A paint gun so i'm looking for as close of a match as I can get in a rattle can. I found some at the hobby shop thats a super close match but its in small cans and it has the crappy old round nozzles. I really like the dupli-color paints and have had very good results with them but they don't make my paint code in a spray can. Maybe has anyone else found another dupli-color paint that is a close enough match to use for this? It doesn't have to be a prefect match but I do at least want it pretty close.

Have you checked your local hobby shop?? I live in Central Florida,our local hobby shops sell House Of Kolors in a spray can, its used for car models.. check in to oriental blue it will be close.. :blush:

Have you checked your local hobby shop?? I live in Central Florida,our local hobby shops sell House Of Kolors in a spray can, its used for car models.. check in to oriental blue it will be close.. :blush:

the paint im using i got at a hobby shop years ago and just never used it its #1639 sapphire blue. only prob is it comes in a small can and it has the sh*tty round spray nozzle so it does not lay down very smooth. I like the dupli-color paint because of the nice fan spray nozle and for small jobs you can get a professional paint job if you know what your doing. what hobby shop did you find the House Of Kolors paint at i might have to check it out.