Wanted 4l60e And Transfer Case Prices

gmcsierragt

I have some serious clunking coming from either my transfer case or transmission, I talked to a local guy and he said its usually not the tranfer case, and that its usually the rear of the transmission. Idk what to think, It usually happens when taking off from a stop or low speed, my u joints seem to be tight but I have new ones that Im planning on putting in asap, It also makes a squeaking noise around 30 mph, Any input would be appreciated, and if anyone has a transfer case or transmission they are selling, please pm me with a price and mileage. Also how hard are they to rebuild?

Guess I cant complain about having to do some work on it, It does have 208,xxx on it and is my daily driver

That sounds more like the slip yoke, have you dropped the driveshaft and greased the splines in the slip yoke yet? I had the same problem, out of fear the tranny was taking a dump on me I sold the truck. If I only knew that it would be a $10 fix.

Edit: I just noticed that you have an AWD SS, I have no knowledge on those drivetrains so if my info is completely wrong please disregard it. I'm sure someone will chime in soon. :uhoh:

Edited by elcompaLalo (see edit history)