Sss In Gatlinburg Snow

O2 WS6 TA

Indeed it was. Going not much of a problem, but God help you if you didn't plan for the stopping part. Who cares, we had a blast. Had at least 4 locals tell me I was gonna wish I had got a 4 wheel drive... :lol:

Picture622.jpg

Picture455.jpg

Picture692.jpg

Picture532.jpg

Picture527.jpg

Picture454.jpg

:thumbs: . You gonna try and make it up there for the Rod Run in April?

Doubtful, as we are deeply involved in the Fbodygathering in Atlanta in late May. Oddly enough, even when I was living in Atlanta, I never made even one Pigeon Forge Car event. :(

i hate you lol just kidding that's home for me glad you enjoyed it wish i could be there haven't been home in 2 years

thanks for sharing

Haha, I hear ya. I absolutely love that place- If I didn't think I'd ruin my last remaining vacation spot, I might move there.

Great vids, reminds me of my winter in 05 when I drove the SS in any snow storm. Now I keep it from all elements. The awd is a beast, I was going by 1/2-1 ton 4x4s, and 10 wheelers and all I can say is awd ftw in the snow. I am glad they did not drop sand, you wont have to worry so much about corrosion.

Great vids, reminds me of my winter in 05 when I drove the SS in any snow storm. Now I keep it from all elements. The awd is a beast, I was going by 1/2-1 ton 4x4s, and 10 wheelers and all I can say is awd ftw in the snow. I am glad they did not drop sand, you wont have to worry so much about corrosion.

It performed quite well, the only dicey part was when the converter wanted to grab in icy patches... I simply used that as an excuse to drift the next corner. :lol: The city actually put sand down on several of the main roads, but once we got towards the top of the mountain, you were on your own. NC, however, used a salt/sand mix... I washed the underside literally every day while we were there.

nice vids and awesome pics!

Yeah, definately a lot more fun as a tourist- I'd hate it daily- Although, that much snow is unusual for that area.

i live about 30 mins up the road from gatlinburg...you hit it at the right time if you wanted to see snow. that snow hung around for a long time. we usually dont get too much here and when we do it usually melts in a day or two. you had great luck at ober with the natural snow...usually its just a bunch of man-made snow that packs down and turns to ice. looks like you had a fun trip :thumbs: