Got A Trans. Line Leak. Help!

Ok I'm a tech by trade and have a trans line that's leaking. Not really a big deal, but I can't find a replacement line anywhere. Went to the dealer and was told the line comes from the trans up to the passenger side of the radiator. Wrong. The one on my truck definitely comes to the driver's side of the radiator. (oh and it's the lower hose btw) I also went to NAPA and the line is not to be found. All I'm looking for is a stock replacement line. Can anyone help me find one or both sometime soon?

The cooling lines on the passenger-side are the ATF lines; the lines on the driver's side are the engine oil lines. The ATF cooling lines are 3/8" diameter, the engine oil lines are considerably larger (1/2" ???). What you are describing is a leaky engine oil cooling line.

Mr. P.

Ok lol! It is the oil cooler. I obviously had a moment of vision loss because I didn't see any lines at all on the passenger side when I looked last time. Thanks for the reality check! :lol: I'm an idiot. My power steering pump is also leaking a little I think, so that must be the red fluid underneath the truck. Thanks again! :thumbs:

Leaking Oil Cooler Lines has become the hot topic in the past few days!

Like Mr. P said it sounds like a leaky Oil Cooler Line. I looked mine up on gmpartsdirect and got the OEM number and then went to NAPAONLINE.com and did an interchange lookup and came up with this napa part #BK 8234060, $59.59.

More reading:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Leaking Oil Cooler Lines has become the hot topic in the past few days!

Like Mr. P said it sounds like a leaky Oil Cooler Line. I looked mine up on gmpartsdirect and got the OEM number and then went to NAPAONLINE.com and did an interchange lookup and came up with this napa part #BK 8234060, $59.59.

More reading:

Thread #1

Thread #2

thanks for all the help! :cheers:

More than likely, your oil cooler lines are fine and the mess is from the leaking PS pump; this is easily fixed if you have the power steering pulley removal/install tool and 1+ hour of time & a reman PS pump. I just helped a member with R&Ring his PS pump, I want to say it only cost $35-45 :confused: It wasn't a very expensive or difficult job to do.

Mr. P. :)