I Know I Know...

05_gaSShog

I know you guys are getting tired of looking at Header questions. However, I have been considering LPP LT headers for a while, and I am trying to figure out if I should wait and keep saving up for ARH or Dynatechs.

http://lpparts.com/store/page7.html

I know a lot of guys can just look at headers and see the flaws v/s benefits. I also know a lot of guys keep up with other forums....so far I have not seen any dyno numbers from the LPP's. I have also not seen any track times from using the LPP's. If any of you guys have some numbers (dyno or 1/4 mile times) post em up. I searched on pt.net and gmfs.com and I never saw anything relating to numbers.

Hell, if you guys can estimate a 1/4 mile time increase...that'll work. I need to get up with Zippy and talk to him about retunning the truck for these and deleting the 2nd 02 sensor.

I'll even accept a butt dyno response or 2.

My current mods are 160* thermo, K&N FIPK Intake, Ported TB and TB bypass, true dual flowmaster exhaust (looking to go magnaflow), and a tune from zippy. It's also rolling on 305/50-20's. I have yet to run the truck as I would LT's and a re-tune first. You guys know where the truck fall at in 1/4 mile.

I think alot of the guys will push the ARH headers and dont get me wrong, theyre a great header and definitely worth the money. But stainless for $500 with a y-pipe i cant see anything wrong with buying the LPP headers and i plan to get a set, just as soon as income taxes are in :P If one or a few people have problems with their install or getting something to fit perfectly its going to give the brand a bad rep in alot of peoples eyes. I dont think you would have any problems out of either set and they would both perform well, it just depends on how much you want to spend. I dont have any dyno numbers for you, just my .02

Zach

Thanks, in my opinion I doubt I would run the y-pipe as I would assume that the 6.0 would be just fine with true duals all the way back. Would you have to run the y-pipe? Is it necessary, or just a bonus in the kit?

Wouldn't gains be better without it?

Edited by 05_gaSShog (see edit history)

my plans are to get the y with the kit and cut it off where the pipes come together and just use my current intermediate pipes and mufflers. im going to get some 3-2.5" reducers to clamp on to the end of the midpipes and weld the 2.5" side to my x-pipe. I figured it would be easier this way since the header collectors are 3", the 3" ypipe would be easy to slip fit and just cut it off to run it dual 3" instead of the y.

but from what ive read from tons of people. they perform and last. ill give you some numbers from them in 2 weeks

Awesome....please do. I don't care if they are knockoffs I would just like to know they actually perform...and I've heard that they hold up very very well. I know a lot of the LS1 cars seem to run em...but I haven't seen any numbers. If anyone can identify the donor for the make-up of these I'd like to know. I have heard pacesetters.......and if they are, what was your reviews of them...

They are 1 3/4" primaries i believe into a 3" collector which is supposed to be pretty good flow.

So should be no problem then running them to my corsa sport

if you have the corsa that runs a single pipe to the muffler u will be fine but if u have the straight catback duals u will have to mock up the y pipe to make it work!!!