Hid Problem

It seems one side of each my headlights and fog looks yellowish when turned on. While the other side is blue, from a distance you wouldnt notice it that bad but up close it just looks funny. Iv tryed switching the ballists and bulbs around and none of them are bad. Im not sure what else it could be.

Anyone got any advice?

When you switch bulbs and ballasts to the other side, do they go yellow on that side or stay blue?

It may be a wiring issue where you aren't giving that side of the truck enough power because of a fault in a wire or it could be a ballast or bulb going bad. Typically, a bulb that's going bad will flicker and not get up to temp if it comes on at all.

So it isn't a problem with the bulbs or ballasts. It's a wiring issue on that side of the truck. If you have a multimeter/voltmeter, test the output on both sides to see what the difference is. Check for any shaved or crimped wires, burnt or dirty connection, or even a loose connection.

buy a upgraded wiring harness, i uses power and ground from you battery instead of the trucks oem wiring. the only part or the new wiring harness that is pluged to the truck is one of the headlight pigtails, it just sends a signal to the ballasts that draw from the battery instead of the oem wiring.

But dont the HIDS use less power then the factory lights?

and i tryed the voltage and it was like half of the normal side.

I couldnt figure out were the part that was causing less voltage to come from was though

HIDs use the power converted by the ballast.

Did you check the power to the stock harness or from the ballast?

Check all of your wiring. It sucks to trace it, but it sounds like that's what you are gonna have to do. You may have a slightly loose or corroded fuse too. Check into that and let us now how it comes out.

Whats the impedance, forgive my truck ignorance im only 16 lol. Im all the way in texas! I wish i could over there in the truck lol

The impedance is the resistance. If you have a multimeter, set it to the "omega" symbol (kinda looks like a horseshoe) and read both sides. IDK what the standard reading should be, but chances are the side that is dimmer/yellower has a higher resistance which means somethings wrong with one of the wires. Where exactly in Texas are you located? There are quite a few members on here from there and maybe someone close to you would be willing to help.