Trans. Pan Help !

Ok, so this weekend I treated my truck to a full maintaince service. Oli and filter, trans. oil and filter, diff. oil, spark plugs and wire, and radiator flush. I decided to add a drain plug for the tranny pan and so I did, only thing is I fugged it up. Had to drop the pan and weld the hole and put the plug else where. Anyway I dont want to have that welded so I need a new tranny pan. My brother had a Hughes deep alum. pan but was to deep and was going to hit my exhaust cross over pipe, why i dont know you figure that they would take into account bigger pipes. Anyways I was thinking of going with of the C5 tranny pan but dont want to run into the same problem or another alum. pan. I need advice as to what to get and why didnt the Hughes pan fit and will this be a problem with all deep pans.

Ok, so this weekend I treated my truck to a full maintaince service. Oli and filter, trans. oil and filter, diff. oil, spark plugs and wire, and radiator flush. I decided to add a drain plug for the tranny pan and so I did, only thing is I fugged it up. Had to drop the pan and weld the hole and put the plug else where. Anyway I dont want to have that welded so I need a new tranny pan. My brother had a Hughes deep alum. pan but was to deep and was going to hit my exhaust cross over pipe, why i dont know you figure that they would take into account bigger pipes. Anyways I was thinking of going with of the C5 tranny pan but dont want to run into the same problem or another alum. pan. I need advice as to what to get and why didnt the Hughes pan fit and will this be a problem with all deep pans.

I installed the C5 sumped pan & filter and *love* them, it doesn't hold any more fluid than the pan you have now, but because of the sump it eliminated a hestitation on launch. :thumbs: You can get the pan & filter alltogether as a kit from GM for under $150 bones, 24208593 pan kit, 24208574 filter kit. HIGHLY recommend.

Mr. P. :)

I installed the C5 sumped pan & filter and *love* them, it doesn't hold any more fluid than the pan you have now, but because of the sump it eliminated a hestitation on launch. :thumbs: You can get the pan & filter alltogether as a kit from GM for under $150 bones, 24208593 pan kit, 24208574 filter kit. HIGHLY recommend.

I looked into that kit when one of the idiots at the dealer stripped the head on my drain plug while tightening it. Now I can't get it off and make a bit of a mess when the pan comes down. I might get it now though. I trust in the words of P :cheers:

Mr.P, the C5 pan doesnt come down any futher than our pans does it. I just want to make sure because for some reason I think that the bigger cross pipe I am running doesnt let me install a aftermarket deep pan.

Thanks

no it doesnt. u will be fine.

no it doesnt. u will be fine.

:withstupid: The sump in the C5 pan is towards the front of the stamping, there is still plenty of clearance at the back of the pan to clear the exhaust crossover from the driver's-side. Again, it doesn't hold any more fluid, it's got that sump in the front-center of the pan and an extended pickup on the filter to eliminate sucking air on hard launches or high-G turns; you still need to run a TruCool Max cooler to keep temps in line and preserve ATF life.

:withstupid: The sump in the C5 pan is towards the front of the stamping, there is still plenty of clearance at the back of the pan to clear the exhaust crossover from the driver's-side. Again, it doesn't hold any more fluid, it's got that sump in the front-center of the pan and an extended pickup on the filter to eliminate sucking air on hard launches or high-G turns; you still need to run a TruCool Max cooler to keep temps in line and preserve ATF life.

Considering this.......speically these hard wheel stands mine does

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)