Hid Bulbs

SSplaytoy

Its actually the lack of quality that gives them the different color when compared to other brands. I know all about the chemestry too :jester:

And the brightest bulb (most lumens) is the 4300K.......

true on the output in lumens, but figuring in headlight design, the 6000k shine brighter in the headlights in our trucks. Me and a buddy did a comparison of a set of Esky hid's and an aftermarket 6000k kit from Xenon.

true on the output in lumens, but figuring in headlight design, the 6000k shine brighter in the headlights in our trucks. Me and a buddy did a comparison of a set of Esky hid's and an aftermarket 6000k kit from Xenon.

That is not a fare comparison because the OEM HIDs have a piece of metal that covers half of the bulb as to not blind on coming traffic with glare or light scatter. You would need to get both an aftermeket 4300K and 6000K and then compare.

That is not a fare comparison because the OEM HIDs have a piece of metal that covers half of the bulb as to not blind on coming traffic with glare or light scatter. You would need to get both an aftermeket 4300K and 6000K and then compare.

The hid's came out of an escalade and got put into my friends 2500 and I had a set of 6000k bulbs in mine when we compared. We drove side by side on the highway and another friend took a vid from a crossover bridge and mine looked brighter and shined further (but take into account angle and height of the trucks). He has the vid on his computer with some pics and I have been trying to get him to send me them, but no luck so far. When I get them I'll post em.

The hid's came out of an escalade and got put into my friends 2500 and I had a set of 6000k bulbs in mine when we compared. We drove side by side on the highway and another friend took a vid from a crossover bridge and mine looked brighter and shined further (but take into account angle and height of the trucks). He has the vid on his computer with some pics and I have been trying to get him to send me them, but no luck so far. When I get them I'll post em.

So they were not OEM Escalade HIDs? If they were they do not fit. The OEM bulb is a D2S/D2R bulb not a 9006.....

So they were not OEM Escalade HIDs? If they were they do not fit. The OEM bulb is a D2S/D2R bulb not a 9006.....

They were oem esky hids. I am well aware they don't fit. But a while back here in MIA, stolen hids were going for 50 bucks and my buddy got a pair. Spliced into his wiring harness and epoxied them into the headlights. Positive they were oem and esky ones too.

They were oem esky hids. I am well aware they don't fit. But a while back here in MIA, stolen hids were going for 50 bucks and my buddy got a pair. Spliced into his wiring harness and epoxied them into the headlights. Positive they were oem and esky ones too.

Then thats why they were not as brite as yours. They are older (they loose lumens over time) and they have a metal cover that blocks half of the light output on the bulb capsul.

0,0,262,19806,1140,1716,22427c34.jpg

Then thats why they were not as brite as yours. They are older (they loose lumens over time) and they have a metal cover that blocks half of the light output on the bulb capsul.

0,0,262,19806,1140,1716,22427c34.jpg

Bulb is about right and it plugs into a silver box that has the plug that goes to the ballast. True about the age thing. The set was probably a year or 2 old.