Hids Causing Radio Interference?

tburkdoll

I have just recently installed my HIDs which look awesome (Thanks Art) but i have just noticed that while they are warming up i am getting radio interference. Not a big deal but just wondered if anyone else had the problem and what i could maybe do about it?

I have just recently installed my HIDs which look awesome (Thanks Art) but i have just noticed that while they are warming up i am getting radio interference. Not a big deal but just wondered if anyone else had the problem and what i could maybe do about it?

yup, you will have that.. sorry to say

You have a grounding issue - question, did you attach or bolt the ballasts to metal (like the frame or fenders)? If so, do a test by temporarily unbolting them so the ballasts aren't touching metal, then see if the problem goes away. If so, then the ballasts are made to ground through the ballast cases and must be isolated from the chassis. On your HID kit are the starters inside the ballasts, or are they separate?

Mr. P. :)

IF your kit has a separate ground wire (mine didn't) then I suggest you attach that wire to the frame at the OEM headlight ground point, it is the 10mm bolt at the very front of the driver's frame rail; it's the same ground point I use for the HPM Efans and it works great (no added noise).

Mr. P. :)