Where To Buy?

I got the shift kit from Summit and the servo off of ebay. I should be geting the grand total today but he said 150 for the shift kit and an extra 25 for the servo. Should be around 200 hopefully since I supplied my own fluid.

edit: the kit was about 78 bucks from summit and the servo was 15 off ebay. You may also want to look at getting aluminum accumulator pistons as well, here is a thread you can read over and see which ones you need.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60486

Edited by SuperSlowSS (see edit history)

What year corvette servo is it? Dose anyone have a part number I'm going to get it at the GM dealer.

""* servos - in simplest terms, a servo is a hydraulic plunger, or a part that will move when you pump fluid into it. When a servo is "energized" it clamps down on a band or clutch, which in turn grabs the intended gear; when it is de-energized it relaxes and releases its grip on the gear. GM makes an improved 2nd gear servo (used in the Corvette) that makes the 2nd gear friction material clamp down on 2nd gear with much more force eliminating clutch slippage. Also, several aftermarket companies make servos from billet aluminum capable of delivering serious pressures ("billet servos"), making the band or clutch grab its gear with a true death grip.""

Taken from this thread ... http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25890

As far as a part number I dont know. But I am sure you can find it much cheaper on ebay!

""* servos - in simplest terms, a servo is a hydraulic plunger, or a part that will move when you pump fluid into it. When a servo is "energized" it clamps down on a band or clutch, which in turn grabs the intended gear; when it is de-energized it relaxes and releases its grip on the gear. GM makes an improved 2nd gear servo (used in the Corvette) that makes the 2nd gear friction material clamp down on 2nd gear with much more force eliminating clutch slippage. Also, several aftermarket companies make servos from billet aluminum capable of delivering serious pressures ("billet servos"), making the band or clutch grab its gear with a true death grip.""

Taken from this thread ... http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25890

As far as a part number I dont know. But I am sure you can find it much cheaper on ebay!

I have a friend that works at a GM dealer and could get me parts for cost price and install them for free he just told me to get the part number or the year of the corvette that it comes from?

You can also buy it from Oregon Performance Transmission. That's where I ordered mine from and I installed it myself. If you can turn a wrench and have patience you can install a servo and shift kit. If you decide to do it yourself let us know so we can give you some tips that will save you the headache some of us had. HAHA!

You can also buy it from Oregon Performance Transmission. That's where I ordered mine from and I installed it myself. If you can turn a wrench and have patience you can install a servo and shift kit. If you decide to do it yourself let us know so we can give you some tips that will save you the headache some of us had. HAHA!

if it's not too much of a pain i'd do it myself.. how much time should i be lookin to spend give or take?