Deleting Offroad Y Pipe

8 UR HMI

hey guys im running pacesetter lts with ory. when i took off my headers to get the stud out i had to beat the crap out of the y pipe to get it off my headers. i used the crappy exhaust clamps before :idiot: and im not sure if i can bend it back enough to allow efficient air flow. so im wondering, should i get a 90* bend to go from part of the ory kit and a straight pipe to run 3" from the collectors to a different y pipe where my cutout is welded and then from the cutout another y pipe splitting to 2 2.5" pipes going to a dual in dual out magnaflow. sort of like running a fabbed x pipe.

would that work and perform better that just a y pipe with 3"??

thanks. ill get picks of the re-install thursday and friday when i put the headers back on..

had to read that a couple of times to get it straight but i think i got it... what im doing when i get my headers an y-pipe is cutting the -pipe apart where the 3" pipes merge and tying that into my current 2.5" duals with a couple of 3-2.5" reducers. Where did you have your cutouts? Or were your running just one cutout before..? I guess after reading the post a few times im still not sure exactly what youre trying to say.

had to read that a couple of times to get it straight but i think i got it... what im doing when i get my headers an y-pipe is cutting the -pipe apart where the 3" pipes merge and tying that into my current 2.5" duals with a couple of 3-2.5" reducers. Where did you have your cutouts? Or were your running just one cutout before..? I guess after reading the post a few times im still not sure exactly what youre trying to say.

heres my cutout and exhaust setup as of now.

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0801-1.jpg

ahhh okay, the pics made it a bit easier. I would think either way you want to do it would be fine...just depends on how much work/money you want to put into it. More pipe=more money so i would just tie it back in the way it was before and just replace the pieces that got damaged. The only reason im going to cut my y-pipe apart at the merge and run the duals is because it would cost me more money to get a new catback or fab up a single 3 or 3.5" exhaust.

Wow ok i get it now. I wish i could get my headers installed but i have no welding equipment plus i dont know how to weld really. Also i tried going to shops around here to see if they could help but they where all being A$$E$ about it I hate Cali. I cant wait to get back to TX!!

Wow ok i get it now. I wish i could get my headers installed but i have no welding equipment plus i dont know how to weld really. Also i tried going to shops around here to see if they could help but they where all being A$$E$ about it I hate Cali. I cant wait to get back to TX!!

midas is pretty good about prices.

ahhh okay, the pics made it a bit easier. I would think either way you want to do it would be fine...just depends on how much work/money you want to put into it. More pipe=more money so i would just tie it back in the way it was before and just replace the pieces that got damaged. The only reason im going to cut my y-pipe apart at the merge and run the duals is because it would cost me more money to get a new catback or fab up a single 3 or 3.5" exhaust.

and im thinking about the future cause of spray. if i spray the motor and cant get the exhaust out fast enough. the motor wont b able to breath very well. its rich enough as is.

if it were me, id run the duals either way. and as far as midas goes, i cant stand the guys at the one here...went there to get the mufflers put on my old 5.3 and wanted them to fab up some duals for it...they told me that it was illegal to run dual exhaust on a late model truck. i just kind of gave the guy a wtf look and just had one muffler welded on and sold the other one to my buddy to save the trouble of going to another shop. i have since found a muffler shop that will pretty much do anything and everything i could want done

on another note though i might be heading down your way this summer and finding a place to live with a couple of friends. need to find a school down there that offers my degree though

if ur looking for college u should go to texas state. thats where i will be in the fall. theres MANY shops close by and theres huge shows and stuff around there often.

you talking about texas state in san marcos? if so i just looked up their courses and they dont offer drafting and CAD technology...or at least i couldnt find it. I did find Collin Community College that has a CAD program though.

Well i found a place but they said i have to do this whole thing on taking off my plates pushing my truck into their shop and push it back out drive off and then put my plates on :wtf: . I can somewhat understand where the guy is coming from due to the state of California having very strict laws on emissions and having them to maintain an inventory of no less of 80k worth of exhaust materials or they'll be fined :wtf:?? Also he wouldnt give me a straight up price not even an estimate so i just left. :ughdance:

nevermind my last post Bob...apparently my buddy was wrong about where Collin community college is..turns out its in dallas. There has got to be a damn school in the College station area that offers drafting

Sorry to but in the conversation but i found this while i looking for a tech school maybe it will help you out.

http://www.technical-schools-guide.com/tex...re-schools.html

nevermind my last post Bob...apparently my buddy was wrong about where Collin community college is..turns out its in dallas. There has got to be a damn school in the College station area that offers drafting

well z im FROM austin, actually round rock. austin comm. college prob has it, if not there is UT and utsa. mary hardin baylor in belton. those are all close to me. i wont be in cs after july. my gf will be here but ill be in san marcos!!!

Well i found a place but they said i have to do this whole thing on taking off my plates pushing my truck into their shop and push it back out drive off and then put my plates on :wtf: . I can somewhat understand where the guy is coming from due to the state of California having very strict laws on emissions and having them to maintain an inventory of no less of 80k worth of exhaust materials or they'll be fined :wtf:?? Also he wouldnt give me a straight up price not even an estimate so i just left. :ughdance:

any yea i had to take my exhaust completely off for him to do it.

yeah, i remember you saying before that youre from austin and just going to school in cs. im going to be moving to cs because im looking into a summer internship at a company down there and hope to work for them durring next school year as well. i think there are a couple of colleges in austin and houston that offer drafting, i just have to figure out which ones. its weird that there isnt anything in cs but ill have to deal with it.