My Tbss And My Wifes Tbss

NORCAL SS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rotors are r1 concepts painted black.

the suspension are

Modified DJM a arms

Kbee front coilovers that I helped design

stock air bags fully adjustable with the wireless air

rear qa1 double adjustable coilovers

upper/lower adjustable spohn control arpms

spohn adjustable panhard bar

front/rear addco swaybars

ive done tons of these trucks and also sss regular silveardos/s10s suburbans tahoes all that stuff. I have friends that work at belltech and djm so that helps also lol

what kind of paint did u use.....it must get scratched off?? can u powder coat them?? :dunno:

like all the brakes ive done and hundreds on my trailblazer ss site

rustoleum semi gloss paint. teh pad wipes off the paint and rest is left rust free

i dont understand...u say the brake pad wipes off the paint?

whenever i get brake rotors i always go thru them with rustoleum paint. people are like why its because it keeps the rust away even if the rotors say they are zinc coated they still will rust after time.

You just spray the front and back and also the center area.

after it drys put it on the truck and within 2 blocks the paint gets swiped away and whatever is left over wont rust. This doesnt mess up the brake pad or anything like that. Tons of people have been doing this on my site and others and even r1 concepts says its ok.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

whenever i get brake rotors i always go thru them with rustoleum paint. people are like why its because it keeps the rust away even if the rotors say they are zinc coated they still will rust after time.

You just spray the front and back and also the center area.

after it drys put it on the truck and within 2 blocks the paint gets swiped away and whatever is left over wont rust. This doesnt mess up the brake pad or anything like that. Tons of people have been doing this on my site and others and even r1 concepts says its ok.

hmmm so u gotta keep it up to get it to look as good as yours...i never thought of doin this.....also one more questin, what about powder coating them

hmmm so u gotta keep it up to get it to look as good as yours...i never thought of doin this.....also one more questin, what about powder coating them

no once you spray it your good for awhile. the pads keep the face of the rotor clean.

they both look great Tony, u should post up the vids of u doing the burnout's in the wifey TB. i'm sure everyone here would really appreciate them :D ...

also i'm sure if i'v asked u over on ur site but i know u'v help almost all the TBSS guys drop their rigs but can u help us truck guys aswell??? i plan on eventually dropping my SSS but i have a few questions before i jump head first into it...

-Rob