My Tbss And My Wifes Tbss

NORCAL SS

they both look great Tony, u should post up the vids of u doing the burnout's in the wifey TB. i'm sure everyone here would really appreciate them :D ...

also i'm sure if i'v asked u over on ur site but i know u'v help almost all the TBSS guys drop their rigs but can u help us truck guys aswell??? i plan on eventually dropping my SSS but i have a few questions before i jump head first into it...

-Rob

Yes i can help you guys out with drops. I have a few kits here in my garage im trying to get rid of. I have a djm 3/4 kit brand new in the box i need to post up. ive never had 1 issue usin the 3 inch a ams on these trucks and NEVER had any front axle issues on any that ive lowered.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i can help you guys out with drops. I have a few kits here in my garage im trying to get rid of. I have a djm 3/4 kit brand new in the box i need to post up. ive never had 1 issue usin the 3 inch a ams on these trucks and NEVER had any front axle issues on any that ive lowered.

How is the rear dropped? Leafs?

How is the rear dropped? Leafs?

the rear 3 or 4 inch kit is adjustable shackles and hangers.

I have belltech drop leafs here also which lower a sss about 1.5 inches and then use shackles to get 3.5 on the 1st hole or 4.5 on 2nd hole.

one thing though the belltech drop leafs alone with belltech street performance shocks rides and handles better than stock.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

the rear 3 or 4 inch kit is adjustable shackles and hangers.

I have belltech drop leafs here also which lower a sss about 1.5 inches and then use shackles to get 3.5 on the 1st hole or 4.5 on 2nd hole.

one thing though the belltech drop leafs alone with belltech street performance shocks rides and handles better than stock.

I had a 2/4 drop on my previous SSS w/ belltech spindles and DJM hangar/shackles on back. It rode a little rougher than i liked and had BT street perf. shocks. Also had the driveline vibration at 67 mph inspite of having some good alignment shops look at it. I want to do the 2/3 or 4 drop again, but i want as good or better ride and no vibration issues. Do you have any recommendations on this ?? And if so, do you have any kits laying around in the shop you want to unload?? Between that and wheels for the wifes TBSS, you are gonna cost me a lot of money. I appreciate any feedback. Mike

I had a 2/4 drop on my previous SSS w/ belltech spindles and DJM hangar/shackles on back. It rode a little rougher than i liked and had BT street perf. shocks. Also had the driveline vibration at 67 mph inspite of having some good alignment shops look at it. I want to do the 2/3 or 4 drop again, but i want as good or better ride and no vibration issues. Do you have any recommendations on this ?? And if so, do you have any kits laying around in the shop you want to unload?? Between that and wheels for the wifes TBSS, you are gonna cost me a lot of money. I appreciate any feedback. Mike

did you cut the bumsptops in rear?

vibration did you try the 2 or 4 degree shim?

are you talking about a drop for a sss or tbss?

did you cut the bumsptops in rear? YES

vibration did you try the 2 or 4 degree shim? YES

are you talking about a drop for a sss or tbss? SSS.....for now, but i would love to drop the TBSS a bit as well, just not much especially when i pick up some of those 22's.

NORCAL SS, first off you have one of the cleanest TBSS I have ever seen and your wifes is a close second. Love the Replica rims on yours though. I have a couple quick questions about lowering a SS. Have you drove/rode in both (a truck lowered with shackles and hangars Vs. one lowered with leafs and shackles)? which one did you prefer?? Which one did you think had better ride quality compaired to stock? Still tryin to figure out if i want leafs or sshackles and hagars.

So you tried a 2 and 4 degree shim. Did you try a 6 degree?

do you remember where the fat part of the wedge was?

ive seen many people put the wedge in the wrong way.

I had a reputable alignment shop do it, but know they didn't go more than 4 degrees and i also had another shop check it out so i doubt it was done wrong. I have the same question as Rojo about leafs. Don't worry about getting back to me on this. I'll probably just talk to you about it when i get going on the TBSS wheels. In the meantime, i'll be looking for any parts you're putting up for sale :)

god damn how u keep it so clean do u even drive it or is it a show car? nice TBSS :cheers:

street racing locally and shows. Its over 3 years old 5800 miles on it.

NORCAL SS, first off you have one of the cleanest TBSS I have ever seen and your wifes is a close second. Love the Replica rims on yours though. I have a couple quick questions about lowering a SS. Have you drove/rode in both (a truck lowered with shackles and hangars Vs. one lowered with leafs and shackles)? which one did you prefer?? Which one did you think had better ride quality compaired to stock? Still tryin to figure out if i want leafs or sshackles and hagars.

I do like the ride of the leafs with shackles better than using shackles and hangers. Also the work involved grinding the rivets out of the frame is a pain for the front hangers. Leafs you put in get the right shocks and your done.

I had a reputable alignment shop do it, but know they didn't go more than 4 degrees and i also had another shop check it out so i doubt it was done wrong. I have the same question as Rojo about leafs. Don't worry about getting back to me on this. I'll probably just talk to you about it when i get going on the TBSS wheels. In the meantime, i'll be looking for any parts you're putting up for sale :)

answered above.

• 3 months later...