Abs & Tc Lights Just Came On! Help Please!

Chris Dubya

Morning and TGIF,

Was driving to work, doing about 70 and the ABS & TC lights came on at the same time on the inst. panel. Got to a side street, and lit them up, so TC is definitely off. Brakes just fine. Actually, since it's wet, I should have locked them up to see if the ABS is working....may do that in a few minutes.

Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Usually the ABS light is either a bad sensor or the hub itself. Is there any play in either of the front wheels?

None that I can feel. After tearing up the internet, and speaking to my mechanic, 90% odds that it is the sensor. Granted, I have 135K on my truck, but it has run like a top since the day I got it. Another thing, it has been making a little rattling noise (for about a week). Kind of sounds like a sqeaky lug.....could be the hub, or loose sensor. It's been raining cats and dogs here, so I'm gonna get it checked today. Better safe than sorry. Keep y'all posted.

Thanks,

CW

Jack up the front of the truck and push the wheel in and out to check for play. If there is, the wheel bearings are shot and you are gonna need the whole assembly which comes with a sensor. Check the wires and connections for the sensors too. Even if the sensor is bad, you can't just buy one and replace it. You would have to buy the whole hub assembly anyway.

Jack up the front of the truck and push the wheel in and out to check for play. If there is, the wheel bearings are shot and you are gonna need the whole assembly which comes with a sensor. Check the wires and connections for the sensors too. Even if the sensor is bad, you can't just buy one and replace it. You would have to buy the whole hub assembly anyway.

Yep, that was the problem. Driver side wheel had about 2" of play in it, pass. side about an inch. Decided not to drive it this weekend and left it at the shop. For you VHO owners. Parts guy said that a std. assembly does not exist for our 20's. There is a special one JUST for the VHO. (Not sure if this applies to the SSS b/c of the AWD).

List on it is around $500 ea. Supposed to pick it up on Monday (my birthday). Happy Birthday to me! LOL

Have a good weekend guys, and thanks for everyone's input.

CW

The hub assembly should be the same unless you are 2wd. And 500 may be the list for that, but don't pay that for it. You can get the hubs way cheaper.

I am 2WD. Silverado LS with the B4V option code. Included 20" wheels, and was told that's where the issue with the different hub lies.