Corsa Db Exhaust

lol i think they might make em for mustangs but on the corsa site on the little banner they have for the db exhaust link it says something like designed or engineered for trucks or something to that tune...... i just want an exhuast with like a deep throaty growl, nothing really loud but enough to know its there. any otehr suggestions, id just hate to buy something and not like it. plus i liked the price on the dB system, only found it on one site and its quite a bit cheaper than a tourin or sport.

well the questions you should ask is whats your take on drone/interior resonance and are you just planning on replacing the muffler or doing a full setup, and how loud do you wanna be, most of the time the louder you go the more drone your going to get except in the case of a corsa sport.

i had flowmaster 40 for a while now and ended up hating them so i did a bunch of research on the topic of mufflers and ended up going with magnaflows tru x muffler, which is suppose to help on the drone problem, i would prob go with one of these mufflers, and how loud you want it will depend on the case size , i would recommend a 18" or 22"

good luck with your choice prob one of the harder ones to make it seems cus everybody wants an awesome sounding truck

alex.

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

yeah i understand what you saying bout all that lol. i just want a mild sounding truck. im not gonna put on any other modifications just want a truck with a little bit of a throaty sound, nothing loud. id get just a muffler but i dont know what route to go. the stock one has 2 inlet and 2 outlets. do i hafta get a muffler that has 2 inlets and 2 outlets also? i can see the 1 outlet cause the tip is basically right behind it. i used to be all gung ho and knew some stuff bout all this crap when i did stuff to my ss and ws6. granted its all bout the same but ill admit im rusty and i dont wanna order something and it all be completely wrong lol.

if your just adding a muffler you will have to go di/do. heres a good video of a 18 " tru x magnaflow muffler .

a 22" case would be a little bit quiter. so whatever sound better to you, the magnaflow is the most popular muffler it seems on the site.

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

I spoke to a representative from Corsa today and the Db system is really not for the Silverado SS. That is why it is pictured on a normal 1500 chevy on the corsa site. The quality is the same, and made in the same factory/shop as the touring and sport systems. To me, he would not recomend this exhaust on my SS, only a touring or sport exhaust. He would recomend this Db system to other 1/2 ton chevy p/u, but not the SS.

Also found out that corsa designed the SS tip on the stock SS exhaust system.

huh thats some good info about the corsa db. i just figured it was because when u enter in ur vehicle info on the drop down tabs it list "Silverado SS-db" and a system pulled up. but hey u called and im very open to suggestions so scratch that lol. to be honest one of the things that drew to me to it was the price i found on it. it was bout 300 bucks cheaper than the sport system. i hated the tip tho, the tip on the sport and touring is sweet in my opinion

thats a good sound clip. i got a few other questions if u guys dont mind maybe answering........whatever about a Borla muffler? i had there catback system on my ss and LOVED it. Are they any good for SS or they even make em for them? And ill be honest, what the heck is di/do.....man im retarded lol....ive had fast cars since i was 16 and always put all the mods on myslef to learn the stuff but ive sorta gotten away from cars/trucks performace the past 2-3 years. oh and the SS is bone stock also, if that helps on maybe a choice of muffler.

once you decide on the muffler of your choice a really good thing to look into is a pcm from one of the vendors on here that will be your best bang for your buck. there around that 250-300 dollar mark and really wake your truck up. i had wheatley do my pcm and its awesome theres also others like black bear to.

ok now that i understand the di/do now, it seems as if i wasnt able to find one, cause at first i just wanted to do the muffler...... ill do some more looking round i guess.....i would really like to find just a borla muffler to put on there and like a different tip, like say the corsa one. im assuming that just a muffler will give me the low throaty sound im looking for at a considerably cheaper cost

ya you'll have to do some searching for that borla muffler. the corsa tip will be pretty pricey but deff. look really good. for the pcm tune you can send yours down or if its your daily driver they can send a tuned pcm to you. there is a relearn procedure when you put the new tune pcm in buts very simple and wheatley sent me instructions that worked perfect when i did mine.