Slick Paint.

I think he was just seeing if anyone else had wet sanded their factory paint, and if so, if they had run into any problems with the factory paint being too thin. Sees like a valid inquiry to me. I've thought about doing this as well, however, the fear of going though the paint is just too much, plus the amount of time and effort involved isn't worth it to me on a pick up truck. If it was a sports car or something fancy sure, but on my SS, no.

I will agree with you though the orange peel on these trucks is ridiculous and it drives me crazy to get the paint swirl free only to see the shitty factory paint job stand out.

SS Silv: are your wheels 22's?

Yup

To some, its more than a "pick up truck". My neighbors 09 Z06 has orange peel something fierce, along with his 2010 SS Camaro.

Didn't mean for it to come across that way, I love my truck, but the factory paint job is crap (most factory paint is junk) and its not worth my time and effort to wet sand. I'll just wait and repaint the whole truck one day so I can do multiple coats of color and clear so I can get it smooth as glass.

Trust me I am ****ing anal about my paint so swirls and orange peal are high on my list of pet peeves.