Best Place To Get A 4l60 Built ?

i wouldnt know where to start? any body have a parts list of what ill need to do an 80 swap?

no prob with what you need i have done it and a couple others have also

circle-D makes a nice unit and is easy to talk to , got my 4l80 3200 3 disc $950 shipped :cheers:

Do the 4l80e,even with just a shift kit it is way stronger than a fully built 4l60e,I broke too many 60's and I'm doing my rossler 4L80 swap now,I've heard too many bad things about the 60's and to many good about te 80's to advise any differently.If I could do it all over again I would do the 80 swap right off the bat,before anything else.If you get serious about it there is a great how to on PT.net with ALL the info you need!!

Also he documented all part #'s and cost and I believe he spent right at $3700 to do it,and his truck runs mid !11's

herea a link:http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424904

Edited by allballz57 (see edit history)

FLT. Tell Andy you want the Kevin Rambo Special.

Quality product, proven results, awesome customer service. Ask about the "freshen up" service they provide with the purchase of a new built tranny.

PI or Circle D for the converter

All IMHO of course.

I have to say to do the 4L80E at this point. I don't think any 60 series trans no matter how strong or well built will hold up to more than 450-500hp at the crank in a 5,000lb truck. Every trans builder I have ever spoken to that wasn't trying to sell me a trans (like FLT, performabuilt, rossler) say that our trucks should have had the 4L80E in them. I think I was fortunate to get 37k miles out of my build before it went out again. I dont know though how many FLT's and others out there are running around with more than 40k miles on them, I'm sure they exist, but as long as you stick with the 60 series trans, plan on replacement every 40-50k miles most likely. Thats just my opinion, as misguided as it might be. There is a reason why so many drag cars out there switch to the 80E or the TH400, because they last. I really wish I had spent the money to do it the first time also. Its just not an option for me any longer.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)