Hids

which bulbs did you get for your fogs? I know both the 9005 and the actual fog light bulb will work (dont know the # on those). I really want to get a set of factory fog light housings to mount behind my brake ducts but cant really swing the money right now :\

which bulbs did you get for your fogs? I know both the 9005 and the actual fog light bulb will work (dont know the # on those). I really want to get a set of factory fog light housings to mount behind my brake ducts but cant really swing the money right now :\

I ordered the H10 for fogs but I think I got the wrong ones :uhoh: ??? There is no where to use the blue and black wire that hangs free so i gotta call their tech service to see whats up.

post-17681-1266695462_thumb.jpg

Edited by superchevything (see edit history)

yeah, pretty sure you got the wrong bulbs...that one probably wont even fit in the housing. You need either the 9145 which is the actual fog light buld or the 9005 which is high beams but has the same plug and fits in the same housing.

• 2 weeks later...
I got the wrong size bulbs in my fogs lol. I got H11's but there bright! I just ghetto rigged them in. Its better then waiting and paying for new ones. Duct tape does wonders :angel:

yah i would of sent them back. 9145 bulbs are what you needed. the H11 are for the new body style lows. i had a full set of highs lows and fogs. but the bodyshop my truck went to stole them and said they were broken so they threw them away. and wouldnt replace them cause they were illegal. so i have to buy all new shit now :banghead::rant:

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)

The DDM tuning website says the H10 are the same as the 9145. I still have to install mine this weekend. I haven't downloaded the installation instructions yet. You might just cut the wires off like the headlight ones.

The DDM tuning website says the H10 are the same as the 9145. I still have to install mine this weekend. I haven't downloaded the installation instructions yet. You might just cut the wires off like the headlight ones.

DO WE NEED THE HARNESS TO INSTALL THE LIGHTS OR THEY JUST GO WITH THE STOCK PLUG?

Yeah you just cut those extra wires off they are for a high 4 conversion i had to call to but my wires were red and black. I have to call them cause one of my ballasts just went out after 2 years so good thing they have a lifetime warrenty

DO WE NEED THE HARNESS TO INSTALL THE LIGHTS OR THEY JUST GO WITH THE STOCK PLUG?

i asked them when i went to there retail location in HB, Ca. and they said the harness was for the high/low bulbs. we dont need them. and i ordered the H10, and 9006 55w 8k color. i haven't put them on yet but if i have a prob i can just go to there location (thats 5 min from my house) and ask for the right ones. the ONE perks of living in cali. everything else sucks

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)

i asked them when i went to there retail location in HB, Ca. and they said the harness was for the high/low bulbs. we dont need them. and i ordered the H10, and 9006 55w 8k color. i haven't put them on yet but if i have a prob i can just go to there location (thats 5 min from my house) and ask for the right ones. the ONE perks of living in cali. everything else sucks

ok i got mine but i have to use the harness cuz, if i dont use the harness they wont turn on. i need some help pls.