Man Trades Bugatti Veyron For Covette Zr1...

BlkSSnCpt

I was lucky enough to ride in both the ZR-1 and ZO6 vettes. I would hands down take a ZO6 anyday. Don't get me wrong I loved the ZR-1 but the ZO6 just felt better for me and has more room for customizing for my tastes. I always thought the capibilities of that 427 were just unbelievable.

The ZR-1 is an awsome car but it's too custom for me, form the hood to the paint... I would want to add my own tastes to it and with a car like that it's hard to do.

Now, with that being said I would without question take the Veyron. It will do the quarter and almost stop before you complete the quarter.

It can stand still and let you pass at 100mph and beat you to 200. With a car like that there is really nothing custom you could do it make it better. It is ulgy as hell tho but for rarity and performance factor I could over look that/

Edited by W2W402 (see edit history)

I love the ZR1 (obviously) but I would take the Veyron without hesitation. To people who dont know what a ZR1 is it just looks like another Vette. Except for that stupid window on the hood- what a terrible idea that was. Veyron FTW!

UPDATE: The Bugatti traded in belonged to Carlton Beal, Jr., who runs a petroleum company in Midland Texas. He's previously owned a Lamborghini Diablo and McLaren F1 I dont think money is a issue for this guy look the other cars he has owned Lamborghini Diablo and McLaren F1 worlds fastest cars he wanted american muscle

that twin turbo zo6 is unreal, in the case of the veyron and the zr1 i couldnt choose, like somebody else said if you got enough change rolling around for a veyron why not have both , shit the zr1 is like nickels and dimes compared to the veyron for that guy.

i would way rather have the veyron , not for price but for performance those are some day and night times compared in the 0-60. cmon guys 4 turbos and two v-8 (w 16) motor. with over 1k hp out of the box . id like to see required maintance costs on it.

WERD... the ZR1 is dope but i would never pass on a Veyron if i were to choose betwee the two...

oh yeah and i would love to see the cost for maintence...

Where did it say that he traded the car and paid money for the ZR1? Seems like the dealership lined up the sale for him, so that he would buy the ZR1. I'm sure they got a sizable cut, but not the whole amount.

wrote that wrong, the dealer took in the trade for the ZR1 plus gave the guys some cash. BUT no matter wat they could've given him it definately dint come close to the cost of the Bugatti, 107K for te ZR1 plussay maybe they gave the guy 3-400K (big maybe) that would be 450-550K with taxes on the car.?. still doesnt add up to the cost of the Veyron when bought new on tp of wat the value of the car is ow, still sounds a sucker deal to me... that dealership came out on top by a lot of money...

-Rob

the veyron is nice, if you can't drive a car. With a good driver mod there is pleanty of cars outthere that hand the veyron its ass. Why doesn't anybody talk about those cars, they might not cost 1.2+Mill but their performance is outrageous. of course their panach is not up with the bugatti, but neither is the zr-1

the veyron is nice, if you can't drive a car. With a good driver mod there is pleanty of cars outthere that hand the veyron its ass. Why doesn't anybody talk about those cars, they might not cost 1.2+Mill but their performance is outrageous. of course their panach is not up with the bugatti, but neither is the zr-1

thats true but i think the big hype is made because of the performance and price of Bugatti, yes there some better performing cars but the fact that the Veyron can do 253mph with anyone driving is the the real impresive part. BUT are cars that HAVE outperformed the Bugatti both in the handling(see video above) and in the top speed chase. meet the Shelby Supercars Ultimate Aero:

-Rob

I know of a eyron sold back to a dealer because the owner could not fimd a buyer. He lost a lot. With the down economy, super cars seem to be taking a big hit. He bought it for 1.2 I think. The dealer relunctantly offered 700 or 750 for it when he practically begged them to make an offer....He took it.

As for the scc aero......well its an over rated lsx based engine car that really appears to look like a "kit" car up close. A nice car yes....at 75-100 k.....but not at the stickers 625k.

Any good turbo vette, or turbo f body will run away from it in real life to 200. And the g50 trans axle.....well, was never really meant for big power. I love to see any super car on 20's run to 60 in under 4 secs or 100 in 6. At least some of teh perf numbers are calculated on weight and engine dyno numbers with ideal traction.