I Killed Her!

RembaSS 1SG

I knew that would get your attention. My truck's supercharger. I was driving back from Austin, TX after returning from my Dad's Funeral last Thursday in Indiana and I heard a godawful noise coming from the engine. A few miles later a drop in power and more grinding. Got it home and pulled the compressor and to my surprise I sheared nearly ever fin on the "impeller"- :confused: I think that's what you call it. So my Vortech V2 is off to Vortech for a fix, I hope.

What would make a closed system grind apart like that? I know I was taking my chances with a used system but thought I was being careful.

Thanks, SS SILV. Its been an all around rough week. Chase, oil feed were good. It was always running a little loud. Finally, got it tuned in and it was awesome. Stayed at the Austin Airport for about a week ran great for about 35 miles and sounded like my fans went into hyperdrive and then the sounds of grinding. I still have the V1 T-Trim but never got it serviced. Are you suggesting I try it for the few days until the V2 is back? I actually never thought of that. The exchange would only take a few minutes. Thanks, I will try that.

yeah you could probably run the t trim but i know it was neededing some love but i still drove it.

the weird part is the v2 was never ran for more than a day , i had to wait for a new t trim since i had bought one on ebay that was fubar and when i sent it in they wouldnt help me so i ended up buying new so i through the v2 on for a day . i had the v2 rebuilt and ran it a day and then you got it . wish they had hour meters on them , vortech would be eating this one.

I love this site. I took some advice from this site to remove the pulley from the V-2 and put it onto the V-1 and am back in business. A cheap $5.00 pulley puller and a small torch was all that was needed. I almost bought a $150 pulley remover! The V-1 is running better and harder than the V-2. Shifts are cleaner, etc. I thought when Chase said it was in need of a rebuild that it would remain a paperweight. Now I can ship out the V-2 and once it gets back ship the V-1 out. So good news story for this weekend. Thanks for everyones help on the threads!

I love this site. I took some advice from this site to remove the pulley from the V-2 and put it onto the V-1 and am back in business. A cheap $5.00 pulley puller and a small torch was all that was needed. I almost bought a $150 pulley remover! The V-1 is running better and harder than the V-2. Shifts are cleaner, etc. I thought when Chase said it was in need of a rebuild that it would remain a paperweight. Now I can ship out the V-2 and once it gets back ship the V-1 out. So good news story for this weekend. Thanks for everyones help on the threads!

i may be an **** , but im not a peice of shit :jester:

glad you got it going man . that t trim will make more power for sure. not to mention it sounds way cooler.

you keeping an eye on afr and kr ?

Actually, I was all over the place with regard to AFR on the V-2. Everytime I would get on it, it would drop into the 9-12 range, it would settle out and then I would get off and it would sky rocket (20-75 or higher), sound like it would stutter and then settle out in the 14-15 again.

The T-trim does not feel like that at all. Even shift is smoother and more firm...crazy, I know. I am shipping the V-2 out this week.

Mark